+ Reply to Thread
Page 94 of 95 FirstFirst ... 448492939495 LastLast

Thread: Bigblog - The Revolving Door of HiFi Auditioning

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    I just had this notion that I didn't need it any longer, such is the quality of the sound I am getting.
    A nice place to be Oliver. The "grand" (ol) presentation the vinyl gives me is still what thrills me. I actually know my digital end is fairly good (as I haven't heard better!) but both formats seem to flatter different material in my system.

I'm actually in the process of rebuilding and tweaking various bits of my system. Going all Schuko plugs (no fuses!) in a part filtered/part unfiltered power supply on a separate spur.

A visit to Mr Firebottle for some Neurochrome 686 and pre-amp fettling is also down for tomorrow!

Things are getting serious . . . .
    System 1: - Amp - Musical Paradise MP-701 - Neurochrome 686
    - Source: Linn LP12 (AT-OC9XEN) - D-Klimo LAR copy - Novafidelity X12 - Musical Paradise MP-D1 mkII -
    - Speakers: Cambridge Acoustic "Grand Master Evolution" Subs: - REL T3's -

System 2 - Amp: Marantz 1060
    - Source: Audio Technica LP5 - EAR834p clone - Pioneer N-30K - Musical Paradise MP-D1 -
    - Speakers: Loth X BS1's - Sub: REL T3 -

System 3: - Amp: Custom N-core 300B SEP -
    - Source: Cambridge Audio Stream Magic 6 - Topping E30 -
    - Speakers: Quad 63's -

I'm Oliver.

Quote Originally Posted by Opti-cal View Post
    A nice place to be Oliver. The "grand" (ol) presentation the vinyl gives me is still what thrills me. I actually know my digital end is fairly good (as I haven't heard better!) but both formats seem to flatter different material in my system.

I'm actually in the process of rebuilding and tweaking various bits of my system. Going all Schuko plugs (no fuses!) in a part filtered/part unfiltered power supply on a separate spur.

A visit to Mr Firebottle for some Neurochrome 686 and pre-amp fettling is also down for tomorrow!

Things are getting serious . . . .
    Shame I am not around, it would have been good to meet you!

Yes, it's a nice place to be in terms of performance. I will stick the Bigbottle in and also Angus will be delivering a new phonostage he is building (and totally designed himself) in the future for me to have a listen to. There are also rather interesting mods on the way for the SP10 and the PMAT1010, but I can't talk about those just yet.

My hope is that once things are in place, the Analogue will pull forward again and leave the digital in it's wake lol

I'm AndyElectroNumpty.

I think you're right about connections, the emotional one to the music and also then having built a piece of kit and listening to it only adds to it. Not somethong I have really thought about but having done the DCB1 I know where you are coming from.

On another note one of our friends found his 13 year old daughter listening to their vinyl copy of Rumours. So as a Christmas present we are getting her a Queen album which will be her very first own album. With a bit of luck it will put her on the "path"

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    At the cutting edge of Numptyness!

I'm Chris.

Shame I am not around, it would have been good to meet you!

My hope is that once things are in place, the Analogue will pull forward again and leave the digital in it's wake lol
    Indeed but I'm sure our paths will cross at some point!

I like the idea of constantly elevating each format to outperform one another (if you can!).

Sounds interesting, I love having things in the pip-line. Makes the anticipation worthwhile.

This hobby would be too boring and unsatisfactory if everything was off the shelf and instantly the "best". My old man is a complete model-railway nut as well as into his hifi. He always says the worst part of that hobby is completing a project. Been in his shed for 5 years+ on his "final" one. Only half way through and couldn't be happier!

May the enthusiasm live long!
    System 1: - Amp - Musical Paradise MP-701 - Neurochrome 686
    - Source: Linn LP12 (AT-OC9XEN) - D-Klimo LAR copy - Novafidelity X12 - Musical Paradise MP-D1 mkII -
    - Speakers: Cambridge Acoustic "Grand Master Evolution" Subs: - REL T3's -

System 2 - Amp: Marantz 1060
    - Source: Audio Technica LP5 - EAR834p clone - Pioneer N-30K - Musical Paradise MP-D1 -
    - Speakers: Loth X BS1's - Sub: REL T3 -

System 3: - Amp: Custom N-core 300B SEP -
    - Source: Cambridge Audio Stream Magic 6 - Topping E30 -
    - Speakers: Quad 63's -

I'm Oliver.

Quote Originally Posted by Opti-cal View Post
    Indeed but I'm sure our paths will cross at some point!

I like the idea of constantly elevating each format to outperform one another (if you can!).

Sounds interesting, I love having things in the pip-line. Makes the anticipation worthwhile.

This hobby would be too boring and unsatisfactory if everything was off the shelf and instantly the "best". My old man is a complete model-railway nut as well as into his hifi. He always says the worst part of that hobby is completing a project. Been in his shed for 5 years+ on his "final" one. Only half way through and couldn't be happier!

May the enthusiasm live long!
    He's not wrong!

I'm Steve.

Hi Oliver
    I have a BigBottle stage here, fully assembled with tx.
    You only need a case and phonos to complete.

Its been fully tested by Alan.

Let me know

Steve...

I'm Oliver.

Quote Originally Posted by STD305M View Post
    Hi Oliver
    I have a BigBottle stage here, fully assembled with tx.
    You only need a case and phonos to complete.

Its been fully tested by Alan.

Let me know

Steve...
    Don't you need it?

I'm Mike.

You can get your one back if you're that keen, I could try the Moon

I'm Steve.

Don't you need it?
    Hi Oliver

As you already know, i always build a couple, fun to do.
    I have 3 ready built tested and tx connected, just needs a case and rca plugs adding.

Steve

I'm Oliver.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    You can get your one back if you're that keen, I could try the Moon
    I got all the bit's here to make another mate, you just enjoy the one you have

+ Reply to Thread
Page 94 of 95 FirstFirst ... 448492939495 LastLast