+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 87 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Bigblog - The Revolving Door of HiFi Auditioning

I'm Oliver.

Ah, yes the one I never heard.

Hmmm.
    Analogue: Technics SP10 MK2 > Phonomac AT-1010 MK6 tonearm > Ortofon Kontrapunkt b > SIMaudio Moon LP5.3RS
    Digital: Orchard Audio PecanPi with JRiver
    Preamplifier: Neurochrome Differential Preamp
    Amplification: Neurochrome Modulus 686
    Speakers: Mordaunt Short Performance 880
    Cables: SPOTFIRE Speaker Cable & SPOTFIRE IC Cables & SPOTFIRE Tonearm cable

Price List For SPOTFIRE Cables here:https://bit.ly/2Uxiv3j

Alternative reading: http://www.audioaddictsforum.com

I'm Wayne.

Box swapping is great up to the point of regret over something you wish you’d never let go and is now hard/ more expensive to find another.

I would not let the Krell go personally, I’d dick about swapping more or less everything else.

I'm Oliver.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsondonkey View Post
    Box swapping is great up to the point of regret over something you wish youíd never let go and is now hard/ more expensive to find another.

I would not let the Krell go personally, Iíd dick about swapping more or less everything else.
    As today has gone on, it's becoming more likely that I will indeed do what everyone has suggested and maybe "store" the Krell rather than do something I later regret. As you say, it's Highly unlikely that the price of Krells, particularly this model, will ever decrease. Then there is all that sublime performance to go with it.
    Analogue: Technics SP10 MK2 > Phonomac AT-1010 MK6 tonearm > Ortofon Kontrapunkt b > SIMaudio Moon LP5.3RS

I'm Rob.

You could just design your own? It can't be that hard can it?
    Well Tempered Versalex, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Trilogy 906, MCRU LDA Linear PSU, Naim ND5 XS 2 , Exposure 3010S2D, Roksan TR-5 speakers, Spotfire Interconnects/Spotfire Reference speaker cable

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    As today has gone on, it's becoming more likely that I will indeed do what everyone has suggested and maybe "store" the Krell rather than do something I later regret. As you say, it's Highly unlikely that the price of Krells, particularly this model, will ever decrease. Then there is all that sublime performance to go with it.
    a dangerous road awaits with collections of gear still got speakers all over the shop. im going to smash them up, as no-one wanted em. damn shame too
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/PROJECT PHONOBOX DS2 USB - QUAD VENA 2 - IFI PURIFIER 2/TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIERS - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR, SONY H900 & NURAPHONE HEADPHONES - ZBOOK/ IFI SILENCER/WIN10 PRO/AUDIRVANA & JRIVER - SMSL M6 DAC & IFI SILENCER - RPI 3+, DIGIONE HAT/VOLUMIO2 - EDINGDALE MK1 SPEAKERS - CABLE INC CHORD, MOGAMI, SUPRA & WIREWORLD

**Men are not punished for their sins, but by them**Don't be such a big girl's blouse!**
    ***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm alan.

Why don't you just bury the Krell, like a kind of time capsule thing.......
    Then mankind can dig it up years into the future and just scratch they're heads and laugh at it

I'm Russell.

I understand your dilemma, putting the Krell back so you can box swap isnít the issue, itís the £2K tied up in it. So youíve got to think of a way to generate that money elsewhere. Maybe a Gofundme Page? Heck Iíll throw a few bucks at it! Have a yard sale? Do you really need that car? Biking is so much healthier! You may have old stereo bits laying around that you have outgrown, stuff that you know will never tickle your fancy again? Iíve heard there are videos online on how to cook meth?

My point, it should be far easier to generate the money, than to find another Krell to buy later. Most magazine reviewers own a, ďReference SystemĒ, that they compare all of the reviewed gear against, until something exceeds their reference, and they upgrade their system accordingly. What you need, is a magazine to work for! So all the manufacturers send you the review equipment for free! And get paid to do what you are going to do anyway, sounds like a win-win!

Russell

I'm Oliver.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    I understand your dilemma, putting the Krell back so you can box swap isnít the issue, itís the £2K tied up in it. So youíve got to think of a way to generate that money elsewhere. Maybe a Gofundme Page? Heck Iíll throw a few bucks at it! Have a yard sale? Do you really need that car? Biking is so much healthier! You may have old stereo bits laying around that you have outgrown, stuff that you know will never tickle your fancy again? Iíve heard there are videos online on how to cook meth?

My point, it should be far easier to generate the money, than to find another Krell to buy later. Most magazine reviewers own a, ďReference SystemĒ, that they compare all of the reviewed gear against, until something exceeds their reference, and they upgrade their system accordingly. What you need, is a magazine to work for! So all the manufacturers send you the review equipment for free! And get paid to do what you are going to do anyway, sounds like a win-win!

Russell
    Spot on.

I'm Oliver.

Got a little bit done on the new BigBottle PCB today.

Looks like I'll be out of action for a few weeks from Wednesday. The NHS has decided to relocate my collar bone to the correct position. Only Been waiting since January lol.

I'm Keith.

I hope all goes well with the shoulder Oliver.

Looking forward to watching the big bottle progress and hopefully at some point listening to one.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 87 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast