+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gradient speakers

I'm Andrew.

Default Gradient speakers

More toys ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Geoff.

I've heard the name, but know nothing about them. What's under the grilles?
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I haven’t looked yet , the grills go on like a glove ( some old kefs used to also )

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post

I'm Richard.

Gradient are most well known for their Quad ESL subwoofers but they have made speakers for many years too. In fact I owned a pair of the Gradient Revolutions for a long time and was very happy with them. They often use woofers in a open baffle structure and separate head units with midrange and tweeters in a co axial type of configuration. I thought the Revolutions sounded excellent. I also rated the way the company seemed to plough its own furrow with designs that are quite different - check out the Gradient Helsinki model or the 1.4! Over the years I have seen their products very well reviewed in the big US magazines like the Absolute Sound and Stereophile where they are always highly rated.

I think the Intro is one of the smaller models and I suspect no longer in production. I expect its decent sounding though. UK distribution has been very patchy over the years. DNM design were involved with them for a while.

I still use Gradient products - currently their newer version of the Quad 63 sub woofer - called the Nero.

Enjoy!!

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardA View Post
    Gradient are most well known for their Quad ESL subwoofers but they have made speakers for many years too. In fact I owned a pair of the Gradient Revolutions for a long time and was very happy with them. They often use woofers in a open baffle structure and separate head units with midrange and tweeters in a co axial type of configuration. I thought the Revolutions sounded excellent. I also rated the way the company seemed to plough its own furrow with designs that are quite different - check out the Gradient Helsinki model or the 1.4! Over the years I have seen their products very well reviewed in the big US magazines like the Absolute Sound and Stereophile where they are always highly rated.

I think the Intro is one of the smaller models and I suspect no longer in production. I expect its decent sounding though. UK distribution has been very patchy over the years. DNM design were involved with them for a while.

I still use Gradient products - currently their newer version of the Quad 63 sub woofer - called the Nero.

Enjoy!!
    Thanks for the info Richard, I’m looking forward to listening to them.

I'm Timothy.

Gradient really makes some fabulous speakers. I haven't seen this particular model in quite sometime, and know very little about it. Their use of the coaxial driver mid/tweeter though is very good. I almost purchased the Revolutions prior to getting my Duevel Venus. The thing was in my room, I probably would have needed to have more power on tap then what I had, and didn't want to change my amplifiers. I love the Venus though, and am certain the Revolutions would have been ideal as well providing I had the power to do them justice.

I think Gradient designs also as Richard mentioned above, are top notch, interesting, and they do things in their own special way, but get fantastic results out of it too. Good stuff Andy, will be interested to hear your findings on the sound of these!
    Holbo TT-Nag 110-Croft phono/Innuos Zen MK2/LinnenberG Telemann DAC-Preamp/LinnenberG Allegro monoblocs/Duevel Venus/LinnenberG Maestro SE-Senn. 660S DH Labs cabling

Croft Series 7 amps, WLM La Scala, Naim Uniti1, Naim Nait XS3, Naim ND5XS2, Guru Junior

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazeur1 View Post
    Gradient really makes some fabulous speakers. I haven't seen this particular model in quite sometime, and know very little about it. Their use of the coaxial driver mid/tweeter though is very good. I almost purchased the Revolutions prior to getting my Duevel Venus. The thing was in my room, I probably would have needed to have more power on tap then what I had, and didn't want to change my amplifiers. I love the Venus though, and am certain the Revolutions would have been ideal as well providing I had the power to do them justice.

I think Gradient designs also as Richard mentioned above, are top notch, interesting, and they do things in their own special way, but get fantastic results out of it too. Good stuff Andy, will be interested to hear your findings on the sound of these!
    Hi Timothy, I am very impressed with these , beautiful quality and a top notch finish , I haven’t tried them in the corner of the room as Gradient advise though .
    And now to price them !!

+ Reply to Thread