+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello

I'm Ed.

Cool Hello

Carlos Joel is not my name, but names of musicians I listen to - Santana and Billy Joel.. amongst others.

I have also become a Hifi addict

currently i have some new Yamaha NSF901 speakers in white which I am running in.

well talk soon

Eddie

I'm Geoff.

Hi Eddie. Welcome to AOS.

Tell us about your Hi-Fi system and what equipment you use with your Yamaha speakers.

You'll find a lot going on here, so just join in and have a chat with folks.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Shane.

Howdy! Welcome to AOS.

Have fun.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Ed.

Default Yamaha

Thanks

My system is invariably Yamaha , although i have ventured, not very far, to other brands.

the CD player is Yamaha CDS 700, which is a decent midrange player, and gives pretty good sound. For a few years i had the A-S501 amplifier with my previous Soavo 3 speakers, all Yamaha of course. I upgraded to a Yamaha A-s2100 amp, which is their middle audiophile amp, and is pretty impressive. I have tried some Marantz amps, notably the Pearl lite, the PM11S3 (best) and the PM14S1 and its SE version too. Marantz is very good , and probably has more depth than the Yamaha amps, whereas the Yamahas have a nicer bass (at least for my ears).

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Ed,

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread