+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ethernet cables

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Probably why it's 10timez the price.
    Yes, they are a tad pricey, wonder if they are worth the extra expense?
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Yes, they are a tad pricey, wonder if they are worth the extra expense?
    I think its worth having the quality where it counts but not in your whole network.

Into the streamer is where it counts the most. Im using chord C stream , which is similarly priced but only cat 7 spec equivalent. Thinking of trying a short length of this from my network switch to the streamer , which in my case is actually the amp.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm James.

What is the difference between Cat 6 and Cat 7?
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

I'm Grant.

you have cat 6a too
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm James.

you have cat 6a too
    Yes Grant, I have the Cat 6a.

I'm Grant.

6a goes up to 500mhz, 7 goes a bit higher. sure there are other differences too... for our needs i dont think there will be any improvement.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm James.

6a goes up to 500mhz, 7 goes a bit higher. sure there are other differences too... for our needs i dont think there will be any improvement.
    Certainly cheap enough and works fine with the RPi.

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    This is the best ethernet cable I've used at reasonable cost
    It's not ethernet cable.
    It's patch cable.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Grant.

a straight patch
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

There's a difference between ethernet infrastructure cable and patch cable, and it's not trivial https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patch_cable
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast