+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Mini Digital Bake Off (digione v usb audio)

I'm Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    tis a digi board not a dac. what dit you put it into?
    My bad yeah, I knew all I needed was an optical port to make it work so dipping my toe in the water I landed on that one.

The rpi and the board, that was it.

Help me up my game haha

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Hifi: Innuos Zen Mini MKIII > Fisual Hollywood Optical > Quad Vena II > Custom Clyde interconnects > TA Monoblocks > Tellurium Black > Reiver Millburn MK II (Custom super tweeters & TQ Black Jumpers).

Headphone Rig: MacBook Pro/Google CCA > Fisual Hollywood Optical > Beresford SEG > Custom Clyde interconnects > Beresford Capella > Sennheiser 700s

I'm Grant.

lots of digi boards, with different drivers; some work with base ones some need a specific one. . the dac its going into may or may not hold it back i dont know. i was using an iq audio board originally. you could also buy a dac board rather than a digi bord and output it into a line level on the amp. That way you bypass your dac. Ive got one of those too, and it works very well.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Nick.

lots of digi boards, with different drivers; some work with base ones some need a specific one. . the dac its going into may or may not hold it back i dont know. i was using an iq audio board originally. you could also buy a dac board rather than a digi bord and output it into a line level on the amp. That way you bypass your dac. Ive got one of those too, and it works very well.
    Options would be:

digiboard > optical > SEG > Capella

Vs

rpi/board+DAC > line > Capella

Can't really imagine the latter would be better sounding (if all else being equal)

Hifi: Innuos Zen Mini MKIII > Fisual Hollywood Optical > Quad Vena II > Custom Clyde interconnects > TA Monoblocks > Tellurium Black > Reiver Millburn MK II (Custom super tweeters & TQ Black Jumpers).

Headphone Rig: MacBook Pro/Google CCA > Fisual Hollywood Optical > Beresford SEG > Custom Clyde interconnects > Beresford Capella > Sennheiser 700s

I'm Grant.

not saying it will be, just different, but an rpi should be wooing you rather than the opposite. Something is odd.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Nick.

not saying it will be, just different, but an rpi should be wooing you rather than the opposite. Something is odd.
    All the quality is there but I think it might have been a little bright for my ears, something was just off I thought. Hard to place tbh. I still have it so probably plum it in over the weekend and give it another go.

It's having to compete with a set up I've used for so long and I'm comfortable with

I'm Clive.

Power supplies make quite a difference for both RPi and DigiOne, are you using a standard SMPS?
    TT 1 Trans-Fi Salvation with magnetic bearing + Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro + London Reference
    TT 2 Garrard 301 with NWA main bearing + Audiomods Series Six 10.5" + Ortofon 2M Mono SE
    Digital Lindemann Bridge + Gustard R26 with LB external clock
    Pre and Power Amp EWA M40P + M40A
    Bass Amp & DSP Behringer iNuke NU3000DSP x 2
    Speakers 1 Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo with twin baffleless 15" bass drivers per side
    Speakers 2 MarkaudioSota Viotti Tower

I'm Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by Clive View Post
    Power supplies make quite a difference for both RPi and DigiOne, are you using a standard SMPS?
    I wasn't, I was powering it with a powerbank. Powerbank was showing the right output too (w, v etc)

I'm Grant.

worth trying a wallwart as well just in case. 2.5 amp
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Nick.

worth trying a wallwart as well just in case. 2.5 amp
    I have the rpi official one already. Bought it just incase the powerbank didn't work , haven't tried it yet though to see how it sounds

I'm Alastair.

I have found the DigiOne has to be used with the SEG "one flash" setting, otherwise it sounds to bright. I have CCA too. With an optical setting streaming FLAC it is pretty good considering but still way behind the Digione/SEG.
    Cheers

Alastair

RPI4/PI2AES running PiCorePlayer/LMS-> AQ Carbon AES -> Topping D90 DAC-> Khozomo Passive Pre-Amp -> 4x Temple Audio Monoblocks powered by 2xLiFePO batteries->Van Damme Black Bi-Wired to B&W 804 Nautilus and Sommer Carbokab 225 Interconnects

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast