+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A new adventure in hi-fi

I'm Deleted.

I’m afraid that these days I’m not as much into prog as I once was.

As above, prog isn’t really my ‘thing’ these days but I think both your write up (blog) and your radio show are excellent.
    Account Deleted

I'm Mark.

Default Caron and Fiona

Steve, first of all let me congratulate you on your podcast/radio show...it's superb! On the strength of it (plus recommendations from Caron himself) I bought everything by 'Tiger Moth Tales' 'Big Big Train' plus the 'Swan Chorus' album from their respective Bandcamp pages. As a practically housebound (awaiting surgery) Prog fan 'Progzilla' is a godsend!

Last August The wife and I stayed at Llwyn Helyg for our wedding anniversary. There for the first time, we met Caron and Fiona, and soon discovered our mutual love of Prog Rock - especially Genesis! We were absolutely knocked for six by the house itself - it's amazing! Pure luxury. The actual music room, and the Hi-Fi System particulary, have got to be seen and heard to be appreciated. I've owned plenty of top-end Hi-Fi myself over the years (Linn, Mission, and Stax products to name a few) But here you get the full 'Concert Experience' with a definite 'Wow' factor thrown in.

Caron and Fiona themselves are two lovely people, who can't do enough whilst your staying with them - excellent hosts! They've now become firm friends and email often. We can't wait to visit them again. Any music fans who fancy a night or two away, appreciate a bit of luxury in a beautiful part of the world, and are looking to be spoilt, and want to listen to music being played at it's sonically best...then this is the place to go. I promise you, you won't regret it!

(Caron wrote to tell me you were coming Steve...glad you had such a great time too! )

I'm Phil.

do they run guest house then or BB ? just wondering ?
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Mark.

It's a country house run on a bed and breakfast basis....but I could never call it a b+b....You've got to see it to believe it hifinutt. The wife and I have stayed at countless similar places over the years, this beats the lot....hands down.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    I’m afraid that these days I’m not as much into prog as I once was.

As above, prog isn’t really my ‘thing’ these days but I think both your write up (blog) and your radio show are excellent.
    Many thanks for that Mark.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonlitKnight View Post
    Steve, first of all let me congratulate you on your podcast/radio show...it's superb! On the strength of it (plus recommendations from Caron himself) I bought everything by 'Tiger Moth Tales' 'Big Big Train' plus the 'Swan Chorus' album from their respective Bandcamp pages. As a practically housebound (awaiting surgery) Prog fan 'Progzilla' is a godsend!

Last August The wife and I stayed at Llwyn Helyg for our wedding anniversary. There for the first time, we met Caron and Fiona, and soon discovered our mutual love of Prog Rock - especially Genesis! We were absolutely knocked for six by the house itself - it's amazing! Pure luxury. The actual music room, and the Hi-Fi System particulary, have got to be seen and heard to be appreciated. I've owned plenty of top-end Hi-Fi myself over the years (Linn, Mission, and Stax products to name a few) But here you get the full 'Concert Experience' with a definite 'Wow' factor thrown in.

Caron and Fiona themselves are two lovely people, who can't do enough whilst your staying with them - excellent hosts! They've now become firm friends and email often. We can't wait to visit them again. Any music fans who fancy a night or two away, appreciate a bit of luxury in a beautiful part of the world, and are looking to be spoilt, and want to listen to music being played at it's sonically best...then this is the place to go. I promise you, you won't regret it!

(Caron wrote to tell me you were coming Steve...glad you had such a great time too! )
    Absolutely brilliant thanks so much. As regular listeners know i play what we know as Prog tempered with many other genres of music to avoid being all Progged out and it seems to work well. Caron and i had a couple of late ones as described during which he played me some fantastic music which will feature in my March show. Keep on Progging sir and keep in touch.

I'm DEREK.

Default Llwyn helig listening room

We stayed at Caron and Fiona's luxury b@b last summer and didn't expect Caron to have so much music - around 4,500 albums. Of course he thinks vinyl is superior sound to CDs. That's not in the least bit controversial. We talked about the joy of putting the stylus onto a well loved disc. 'When The Levee Breaks' by Led Zeppelin is perhaps the finest sonic pleasure available in this lifetime. We spent an afternoon playing some music I'd brought. A few tracks off 'Painted From Memory' by Elvis Costello and Burt Bacharach, 'The Hissing Of Summer Lawns' by Joni Mitchell - his vinyl copy sounded better than my CD obviously. 'The Seventh Seal' by Scott Walker, then Bowie's Moonage Daydream, kd Lang's 'Constant Craving', Neil Young's 'Winterlong', Prefab Sprout's 'Appetite', and some tracks from Led Zeppelin vol 2.

What a great sound system. and a fabulous room. Two hours wasn't enough, wish we could have stayed longer, Caron! I noticed many albums which we didn't have time to play - David Gilmour, Frank Zappa, Prince, Supertramp.

Do yourself a favour and visit Caron and Fiona's place if you want the best breakfast and surroundings available. They are such lovely people too!

The Progmeister's write up tells it like it is. Next time I'll be listening to some Paul Weller, Dr John, The Band, Chicago, Leon Russell, Randy Newman, Van Der Graaf Generator and Roxy Music!
    Last edited by THINWHITEDUKE; 04-03-2019 at 17:02.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12