+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tidal Cancellation Issue.

I'm Craig.

Default Tidal Cancellation Issue.

According to Tidal, I do not have a subscription with them, despite me streaming their content. I became aware of this when I tried to cancel it.

Now this leaves me with a problem, if I donít have a subscription, I cannot cancel it, but if I donít have one, why are they taking £9.99 out of my account on a monthly basis, which will keep being debited if I canít cancel it!

Itís like a dog chasing itís own tail trying to sort it, any suggestions?
    Naim Mu-So
    Thatís all.
    Nothing else.

I'm Grant.

wrong email address?
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/PROJECT PHONOBOX DS2 USB - QUAD VENA 2 - IFI PURIFIER 2/TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIERS - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR, SONY H900 & NURAPHONE HEADPHONES - ZBOOK/ IFI SILENCER/WIN10 PRO/AUDIRVANA 3 PLUS/TIDAL - SMSL M6 DAC & IFI SILENCER - RPI 3+, DIGIONE HAT/VOLUMIO2 - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN SPEAKERS - CABLE INC CHORD, MOGAMI, SUPRA & WIREWORLD

**Men are not punished for their sins, but by them**
    ***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by icehockeyboy View Post
    According to Tidal, I do not have a subscription with them, despite me streaming their content. I became aware of this when I tried to cancel it.

Now this leaves me with a problem, if I don’t have a subscription, I cannot cancel it, but if I don’t have one, why are they taking £9.99 out of my account on a monthly basis, which will keep being debited if I can’t cancel it!

It’s like a dog chasing it’s own tail trying to sort it, any suggestions?
    contact them, they are very good on customer service..
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / Tenuto gun metal mat / SME-3012r ikeda rewire / SME 3009 unimproved / audio-technica ATP-12T - phonomac modified / STEREO: Jan Allaerts MC1 Boron / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo' pre & phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: SW1X Audio Design DAC 1 signature / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Craig.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    wrong email address?
    Afraid not. ��
    Naim Mu-So
    Thatís all.
    Nothing else.

I'm Craig.

Quote Originally Posted by WESTLOWER View Post
    contact them, they are very good on customer service..
    Really?

Last time I did I never got a reply.
    Naim Mu-So
    Thatís all.
    Nothing else.

I'm Gary.

If you pay by direct debit from your bank account cancel it, generally gets attention!

Gary
    It is easier to seek forgiveness than to ask permission

Rules are meant for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder5 View Post
    If you pay by direct debit from your bank account cancel it, generally gets attention!

Gary
    Agreed. Cancel the DD, and when they ask why, send them the e-mail.

I'm Martin.

Just cancel the DD I bet you won't hear anything from them.
    Current Lash Up:

*Sony SCD XB790QS* Nelson Pass DCB1 / Krell KSA100 mkII * JM Lab Electra 926 *

'You fool! To think that your ape-brain could contain the full knowledge of the Krell!'

I'm Craig.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder5 View Post

Gary
    You’d think that wouldn’t you...it seems because Tidal have not set it up as a recurring payment, despite it being collected from my account monthly, it is far more complex than a straight forward cancellation. ��
    The woman at the bank did it, but warned me it might not be as simple as that.

However, Tidal have actually replied, and my account was cancelled. ��
    Naim Mu-So
    Thatís all.
    Nothing else.

I'm Andrew.

I am a little confuse about this as it seems you were paying by Direct Debit (not a Standing Order) . Given this the legal rules are very clear and precise and not only can you cancel this with direct contact to your bank but you can also recall any payments that have been taken in error . This does though apply only to DD taken from a current account if you payment was from a Credit Card then the rules are very different and stacked in favours of the seller , in all cases I would advise to avoid any agreements for payment from a credit card unless you really trust the company you are paying and there is not alternative method .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast