+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wandering minstrel

I'm Peter.

Default Wandering minstrel

Hi to AoS which Iíve had a wee look at from time to time but now happy to contribute.

Iím a Scot from the real ďup NorthĒ and have been trying to improve my kit since I got a Phillips multi-stacking T/T in my teens. I spent about five years doing this just before and after the kids came along, then another five upgrading my stuff recently. I was a long time Roksan/Naim/Kef 104.2 owner but now have a. ice system based on an Acoustic Signature TT, Esoteric phono and pre, AR DS 450 and a recent acquisition of German Physiks speakers. And also a streaming source with an Auralic Aires and Matrix DAC.

Listening wise itís pretty eclectic - previous two albums tonight have been Mahler and Bob Dylan!

So Hi from me!

I'm Jerry.

Welcome, Peter.

German Physiks speakers - interesting!
    I did a review of a pair low down in the range a few years ago (a mere £10k at the time iirc!) for Hifi Pig and was very impressed.
    Which model do you have?

I've just now finished listening to Wyn Morris's Mahler 9th,
    Jerry

i. Internet streaming > Various and varying electronics and cables > MBL 116F speakers

ii Internet streaming > Audiolab MDAC > TPA3116 amp > Infinity Cascade 9 speakers & Jamo SUB200

I'm Martin.

Hi Peter, welcome to the forum.
    Current Lash Up:

*Sony SCD XB790QS* Nelson Pass DCB1 / Krell KSA100 mkII * JM Lab Electra 926 *

'You fool! To think that your ape-brain could contain the full knowledge of the Krell!'

I'm Peter.

The HRS-130 Jerry. Delighted to provide a review anytime.
    The Morris interpretation isn’t one i know so I will try to seek it out. For different reasons I like the Barbirolli and a live Karajan from the early 80s.
    I had Rattle/CBSO Resurrection on earlier. First movement only as dinner got in the way but a wonderful performance by an up and coming conductor!

I'm Geoff.

Hello Peter. Welcome to AOS.

I'm sure you'll find plenty to interest you here.

Feel free to join in the chat, it's a friendly place.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    "when common sense, logic and plausibility are excluded. All that remain are foolishness and lies"

I'm Jerry.

Quote Originally Posted by wino2020 View Post
    The Morris interpretation isn’t one i know so I will try to seek it out. For different reasons I like the Barbirolli and a live Karajan from the early 80s.
    Allow me to introduce you to the AOS classical blog - landing on a post giving a link to the Wyn Morris Mahler 9 ... https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...37#post1059737
    Jerry

i. Internet streaming > Various and varying electronics and cables > MBL 116F speakers

ii Internet streaming > Audiolab MDAC > TPA3116 amp > Infinity Cascade 9 speakers & Jamo SUB200

I'm Shane.

Howdy! Welcome to AOS.

Have fun.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

Home Hi-Fi Chat UK (Facebook Group)

I'm Neil.

Welcome to AoS
    Regards Neil

I'm Martin.

Welcome Peter , nice speakers.

I'm Peter.

They are indeed. Take a wee bit of getting used to, but I canít see me changing now.

+ Reply to Thread