+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Projector screen recommendations please

I'm Twisted.

Default Projector screen recommendations please

Wonderfully, my wife has suggested painting the 'cinema room' dark blue, which creates a need for a proper projector screen. TBH I've been happy throwing the image onto the almost-flat beige wall, but I must seize the opportunity to acquire more stuff.

I am likely to go for a ceiling mount with auto unfurl, or whatever it's called. I reckon 16:9 format. 250-300 quid mark

Any recommendations please?

S
    Simon

MINI DSP SHD; Longdog 300b; Reiver Fenwicks

Twitter @siashmore

I'm Twisted.

nobody loves me sob sob
    Simon

Twitter @siashmore

I'm Grant.

There is a member who has or has a projector and screen. cant remember if it was a ceiling one...might have been Nuff... Its not something ive tried, but my brother used to bring home the school one on occasion and said a white wall was as good as anything.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Twisted.

Thanks Struth, for taking the trouble. I was feigning distress obviously It was a sort of bump.
    Simon

Twitter @siashmore

I'm David.

I use a white black-out blind for my projector screen. Does me and cost less than £30 from Ikea

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave W View Post
    I use a white black-out blind for my projector screen. Does me and cost less than £30 from Ikea
    +1 for the Ikea solution. They do a large black out type roller blind that works very well. The light grey version actually works better than the white version.

I'm Russell.

I’ve got a friend who in the warm months sets out on the deck and projects against the side of his neighbors house! And we all tip a pint and pretend we are at the drive in theater.

Russell

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    I’ve got a friend who in the warm months sets out on the deck and projects against the side of his neighbors house! And we all tip a pint and pretend we are at the drive in theater.

Russell
    drive-ins, were never a uk thing, although we do have on or two. probably be on occasions only tho. maybe the weather is against it; great idea tho.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    drive-ins, were never a uk thing, although we do have on or two. probably be on occasions only tho. maybe the weather is against it; great idea tho.
    Many of the newer built neighborhoods, where the rather large houses are built so close together, it is quite common for these houses not to have any windows on the end facing the neighbors. So it works out for him, that whole end of a two story house has no windows. The neighbor doesn’t even know it’s happening. He is still careful to only show PG rated movies, in case some other neighbors kids can see it. It’s just a good excuse to party more than anything else!

Russell

I'm Nathan.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    There is a member who has or has a projector and screen. cant remember if it was a ceiling one...might have been Nuff... Its not something ive tried, but my brother used to bring home the school one on occasion and said a white wall was as good as anything.
    It is me Grant yes what an excellent memory you have!!!

Sorry for the late reply, I expect I'm to late now but I've only just read through this thread.

I bought my 82" electric screen years ago now and can't remember where from.
    Have you looked into a DIY fixed screen with black widow paint. It's supposed to be the best colour screen paint for projectors.
    Google it and you'll see a lot of discussion about it. Especially on AV forums.

https://www.avforums.com/threads/bla...-tape.2188446/

https://www.avforums.com/threads/fre...-free.2178285/
    Last edited by nuff; 28-03-2019 at 07:37. Reason: Added links

+ Reply to Thread