+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Fidelizer or other optimisation software worth the asking price?

I'm Kevin.

Default Is Fidelizer or other optimisation software worth the asking price?

I am still keen on getting my music server to work as good as I can, so I was wondering if audio optimisation software has been tried by anyone here, and if it was worth the asking price?

I still need to look at going fanless if I can, and perform a few other tweaks but at the moment it sounds pretty good to me.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Chip.

Hi Kevin,

I'm a satisfied customer of Fidelizer Pro (FP) and I think its worth the asking price. In my case I've found that it really works, I used to DJ back in the late 90's (mostly vinyl and CD's) but these days I use DJ software (Native Instruments - Traktor Pro 2) and a DJ Controller which I mess around with when the mood strikes. Out of sheer curiosity I ran FP with Traktor Pro 2 and I was really surprised to hear what a marked difference there was in sound quality. It was really pronounced how much clearer the music was that even a DJ friend noticed and asked me what was the bit-rate size of the tracks I was playing. But with day to day listening I use FP on purist mode with Audirvana on a Windows 10 laptop.

Lastly, the owner and developer of Fidelizer (Keetakawee Punpeng) keeps improving the software and constantly comes up with new updates. He personally answers emails as well of any queries on how to maximize the program and which of the settings would be best with the accompanying software or programs that you plan to use. Hope this helps!

You an optimize the digital data within an audio file? Isn't that the same as using a digital equalizer?

I'm Chip.

From my layman’s understanding FP optimizes Windows by allocating all the processing power to audio related processes only. By doing so essentially it’s turning the laptop or computer into a pseudo dedicated music server/ player without losing the functionality windows.

There is a free trial version of FP available for download if I’m not mistaken.

I'm Hugo.

Quote Originally Posted by chipcalzada View Post
    From my layman’s understanding FP optimizes Windows by allocating all the processing power to audio related processes only. By doing so essentially it’s turning the laptop or computer into a pseudo dedicated music server/ player without losing the functionality windows.

There is a free trial version of FP available for download if I’m not mistaken.
    Correct, I believe. I’ve been using Fidelizer for a few years, first the free version and then the paid for version, and it really does improve the sound of music played from my dedicated music sub-notebook. In the paid for version, you can choose how far you want to go with the Windows optimisation, so if the PC is needed for other tasks, key processes can be left running. My music PC is not even connected to the internet, so Fidelizer is set to shut down pretty much all processes that aren’t required to run the basics of Windows and the digital media player (JRiver MC17).

I do think that digital audio enthusiasts could chase any number of much more expensive and largely ineffective digital playback upgrade rainbows when Fidelizer will deliver better sound for relative peanuts. Highly recommended.

I'm Kevin.

Thanks guys.
    Sounds like it is worth getting.

I am in the process of removing most fans from the PC as well as installing a decent PSU, so hopefully all this should give me a good result.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Chip.

Welcome! Hope the upgrade in sound quality is as good as what I experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by Ammonite Acoustics View Post
    I do think that digital audio enthusiasts could chase any number of much more expensive and largely ineffective digital playback upgrade rainbows when Fidelizer will deliver better sound for relative peanuts. Highly recommended.
    Without trying out the so called expensive and ineffective digital playback upgrades it's a bit condescending to question the direction and financial outlay that others wish to follow. Some people are happy with using a CDP as a source, whilst others prefer a PC or music server. To each their own.

I'm Grant.

always been worried about using something like Fidelizer and screwing my pc up. its a big concern for many
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    always been worried about using something like Fidelizer and screwing my pc up. its a big concern for many
    It (Fidelizer the paid version) can be set to either optomise your machine from startup or manually started. Either way all the optomisations if required can be undone with a restart.

And yes it definately makes a difference to both the perceived noise floor and overall quality of playback when used with my win 10 i7 laptop, wouldn't be without it.

HTH
    We are the love we leave behind.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast