Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
They did a survey of dealers years ago (can't recall which manufacturer) and asked the sales staff what was the thing the punters asked most about. Overwhelmingly the response was 'cup holders.' They were losing sales because there were either no cup holders or not enough cup holders. It was literally a deal breaker. So I think if enough people still wanted a cd player they would provide them. But I don't think anyone under the age of 35 would care. Under 25 they won't even know what it is.
Still plenty of drivers over the age of 35 though.

Agree that cup holders are a handy thing - If I were in charge of designing car interiors, I would certainly stop having them fitted with players that use the 'slot' type loaders and use conventional loading trays as used in domestic players. These could double as cup holders, and you'd be the envy of all your fellow pensioner drivers.

My van has four cup holders, a folding tray to put your butties on or a small jigsaw puzzle (no more than 30 pieces), two bins which are large enough for a flask or 70cl bottle of spirits, and still has space for a CD player. Although the music can be a bit of a distraction when you're pissed and trying to complete a jigsaw.