+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New MC headamp in the house.......something big and very very rare (Japanese)....

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    Congrats, fabulous piece of kit.

100v though i assume ?
    Font think it's been revealed yet Rob

I'm Adam.

Yamaha?
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Gerard.

Quote Originally Posted by helma View Post
    Pioneer H-Z1 of course.
    Yes!
    Managed to have a quick listen once everyone went to bed......wow, sublime!
    Not my photo.......

Regards
    Gerry

I'm John.

Pioneer H-Z1. How the Marketing Guru's described it.

Description;

Unreturned MC head amplifier which carried "transparent amplifier" in the ideal and carries the super linear circuit for MC in a circuitry.

The nonlinear absorbing circuit and the super linear circuit for MC which consists of voltage amplification parts are adopted.
    In H-Z1, in order to raise an SN ratio greatly, low-noise FET was adopted, the two square law characteristics (nonlinearity) of FET were negated by drive of the current push pull, and the outstanding distorted linearity which is not has been acquired.

The silicon carbide shielding power transformer is adopted as a power transformer.
    By this transformer, the regulation which made the voltage value after a rectification the same and was stabilized has been obtained by using an oxygen-free-high-conductivity-copper line with a high purity for a coil, and also making it a balance volume. Moreover, the reduction of leakage flux is realized by making a core into a toroidal scheme. The influence of the part [ fraction / transformer ] on others was prevented, and the failure of the tone quality by occurrence of an induction hum etc. is eliminated.

The aluminum electrolytic capacitor unguided electrolytic capacitor is adopted.
    By this capacitor, the way of using all electrode foil of a capacitor as an electrode by special welding unlike the usual electrolytic capacitor is taken, and this has realized the large reduction of an inductance.
    Furthermore, the element is shielded from the external magnetic field by adopting as the interior of a case the resin case which applied the special conductive material.

The newly developed film capacitor for audios is adopted as the capacitor of a small capacity.
    As for the material of a film, tandelta (dielectric loss) is a small polycarbonate,The degree of insulation had adopted the compound structure with the polypropylene which was highly excellent in the RF property, this was firmly wound up with the low speed and the high tension, wrinkles and the mechanical stress which tended to happen conventionally were banished and the cross modulation distortion by a resonance is prevented.
    Furthermore, the double shielding of this element was carried out in the jacket and special case by an electric conduction film, and the influence of external electrolysis is also prevented.

The glasscase electrolytic capacitor which changed the case into the glass is adopted, and the occurrence of the eddy current is prevented.

Electromagnetic waves are occurred and revealed, start the electromagnetic-wave reflection with the interaction and metals object between channels from electronic parts, the signal current itself is made distorted, and it becomes a factor of a tone-quality failure because the signal current flows. In order to prevent this, the special electromagnetic-wave absorber is adopted in H-Z1.
    This is a carbon content foaming urethane multilayer sheet, and prevents an electromagnetic-wave induction of amplifier inner and the exterior. Moreover, the glass coated [ silicon carbide reliable as an electromagnetic-wave shielding ] is adopted as a top plate, and the point on Hearing impression which does not appear in a spec by these is raised.

The glass epoxy which was excellent in the printed circuit board at the mechanical intensity, and was electrically excellent in the RF property is adopted.
    Furthermore, oxygen free high conductivity copper called 99.99% of a purity was made into the thickness of 280 micrometers, about 8 times over the past, and is adopted as a Copper foil, direct current resistance is reduced to one eighth of conventional values, and the inductance is also sharply made small.

The fuse for audios which changed to the fuse at the conventional brass at mouthpiece material, and adopted the pure copper is adopted.
    Conductor resistance has not only been improved about 30%, but this has prevented the occurrence of nonlinear distortion between the heterogeneous metalses inside a composition by having changed into the pure gold group from the composition.
    Furthermore, it changes into old nickel which is the magnetic substance, and tin which is non-magnetic material is used for the plating material of an electrode.

Quality improvement of the power cord is also attained, oxygen free high conductivity copper is adopted as a conductor, the loss in a wire rod is reduced by the improvement in conductivity, and nonlinear distortion is reduced sharply.
    Moreover, a low loss, low capacity, and a Low-noise-izing were attained to the insulator which wraps a conductor, and the low polyethylene of conductivity was adopted as it, and also the conductor oscillation of a vibration of the code produced according to the double insulation structure covered with polyvinyl chloride of 1.6mm thickness when an electric current flows etc. is also prevented.
    Furthermore, while performing a polar window to a plug, high-quality sound-ization is attained by performing a polar mandatory from the power-cord core line to the product line inside a main unit.

First recovery diode with a high high-speed responsibility is developed and adopted as the diode for a rectification.
    This is reducing the power-source noise.

In order to solve the nonlinearity between heterogeneous metalses, the solder containing copper is adopted and also the improvement in a quality, such as using the oxygen-free-high-conductivity-copper line which has 99.99% of purity from an entry point to an outlet for product-line material, is aimed at.

Four position cartridge loading is carried with the gain switching functionality which can be switched by a two-step.

Bigman80 Guest

Very nice. Very nice indeed.

I'm John.

The Med's must be good sh*t, if that made sense Ollie

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Don't you love the 'Japanese English'.

Seriously though it looks like a well thought out piece of kit, and I'm pleased you are pleased with it. But there is nothing there that is unusual or unexpected in a good head amp design.

As others have said, the Japanese tended to keep their best designs for their home market.
    Barry

I'm Gerard.

Regards
    Gerry

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
    The Med's must be good sh*t, if that made sense Ollie
    understood every word

I'm Nari.

I had one of these in the mid to late 80s I purchased in not working if I recall had it repaired, it was purchased with a pioneer P3A turntable that no one really cared about back them shame. It was a nice little thing if i remember, I gave it to a friend who still uses it I think. I got mine from an advert in Hifi answers if I recall.
    Most important and used Walker Black Diamond Etsuro Gold, Micro Seiki 8000mk2 Kondo special V12 Tiger Eye, Fidelity Research FR 66 Shindo spu, EMT 927, sme 312 aluminium. Fidelity research fr66, Sme 3012 mk1, Sme V, Ikeda 407 IT Sme Model 30/2/Dynavector 507 Kodo Beat Turntable Airtangent 10B modified Fidelity fr66s Etsuro Cartridge . Kondo Gakuoh Mk1 powers G70 Pre,Audio Tekne TFA-8695PCS pre Audio Tekne TEA 8695 Phono. Lfd Battery Phono Stage heavily custom rebuilt by Dr Richard Bews, Tharx Phono Stage. Lfd Master Dual Biamp power amp, Lfd Anniversary master preamp. Shindo Latour Field Coil. Rockport Cygnus Biamped, Voigt Domestic Corner Horns/ Feastex Fildcoils. LFD Custom silver Ribbons. LFD Diamond Vipor Mk2 interconnects, Lfd Golden Cobra interconnect. Koetsu blue lace mono special order, Koetsu burma jade mono special order.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast