+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: DAC suggestions or solutions

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by julesd68 View Post
    From what I have read the D50 has a slightly more 'upfront' sound signature compared to the D30.

I've had my D30 for about four months now and am still amazed at its quality. Not had the chance to compare it to more expensive DACs but am interested to do that soon.
    It's very balanced on my setup. Anything less forward would be a bit sleepy I think. Perhaps down to partnering gear.

I'm Julian.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    It's very balanced on my setup. Anything less forward would be a bit sleepy I think. Perhaps down to partnering gear.
    I'm very interested in the new D70 but it hasn't even made it onto the Topping website yet, so not sure when it is officially released.
    Sonore Rendu - Cambridge Audio Edge W - Sonus Faber Venere 2.5

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    Just to add I went looking for a Topping D30 while my AN DAC is off for an upgrade and ended up with its (relatively) bigger brother, the D50.

I've been genuinely shocked at how good it is. Not how good it is 'for the money'. I mean 'how good it is' period. Genuinely astonishing from something so small. And that's running it from an old iPhone power supply. I keep pondering spending money on a better PSU but then I think - why bother?

The D50 is very well put together and has more features and functions than the D30 though my guess is there probably isn't much if anything between them in the sound.
    That’s quite amusing Tom, as the D50 is the dac I’d just moved to when we met.
    I find it absolutely fine, and I’ve previously only had DACs costing 10 times as much, or more.
    The size is very handy too as I can squeeze it in on my shelf.
    The only slight negative is the lack of remote control

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ceburaska View Post
    The only slight negative is the lack of remote control
    Agreed the variable volume is really handy but would be ideal if it could be adjusted remotely.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345