+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: WTD: Radford STA 15 or 25

I'm ROGER.

I have used my STA15 with tannoy golds and HPD's both 12" and 10" always sounded quite superb, some people reckon the STA15 is a slightly sweeter sounding amp if you don't need the extra power of the STA25.
    The STA25 on ebay is the series 5 with the IEC connection & very nice indeed but expensive
    Last edited by ERICLIMPIT; 10-02-2019 at 12:27.

lordmortlock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Radford Revival View Post
    That new STA25 on eBay was a heavily discounted amp, sold as a favour, made from of out of spec (not dimensionally, just incorrect) metalwork and has no legend panels with screen printing. While it is electrically fine it's not the same as a new one from us.
    Makes it look even more expensive then.

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    I have one of these. The one in the ebay ad has had it's binding posts replaced with something inferior, originally they would have been Michele engineered.
    Andrew, you're wrong.
    These "inferior" binding posts are original, they were mounted on all Woodside amps from late 80's to early 90's.
    Michell Orbe with Moerch DP-6 Gold Precision > Shure Ultra 500 / London Jubilee / Miyajima Kansui > Croft RIAA R / Miyajima ETR-800P / Audion The Converter DAC > Audion Premier 2.0 > Audion Golden Night 300B/PX25 & Audio Black Shadow 845 > Audio Nirvana 15" Classic Alnico with Tannoy ST200.

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by matador View Post
    Andrew, you're wrong.
    These "inferior" binding posts are original, they were mounted on all Woodside amps from late 80's to early 90's.
    I've the STA25 reneissance, number 81 I believe, and I've got the Michelle binding posts, the literature provided from "Radford" clearly states that it sports Michelle binding posts, perhaps they changed them later/earlier in the run of these amps?
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Edward.

I've the STA25 reneissance, number 81 I believe, and I've got the Michelle binding posts, the literature provided from "Radford" clearly states that it sports Michelle binding posts, perhaps they changed them later/earlier in the run of these amps?

I've got the original literature for this amp (and schematics I think) someplace which John Widgery sent to me. I'll see if I can dig it up and scan it.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm David.

Yes - you’re right. The Michelle one have been added later.

I'm David.

That’s interesting Will - how heavy was the discount?

I'm Jeff.

I have an STA25 for sale, taking it to Tonbridge this Sunday. Full details to those who come and see my table. Unless someone gets it off me beforehand.......

Im also taking Radford MA15 pair

Together with Hadcock tonearms, bits+bobs, records, cds, and an Accuphase tuner.

Ive no doubt that with over 100 tables there will be some lovely things for everyone to empty their piggy banks

I'm Clive.

Quote Originally Posted by Radford Revival View Post
    That new STA25 on eBay was a heavily discounted amp, sold as a favour, made from of out of spec (not dimensionally, just incorrect) metalwork and has no legend panels with screen printing. While it is electrically fine it's not the same as a new one from us.
    The buyer ended up paying £2000 for it through Best Offer, so about right considering how much demand there is for these at the moment.

I'm Andrew.

I've the flagship MA50 Renaissance Series monos, numbers 75 and 76 I'm sure, few years ago I sold a similar pair to Italy, and they all have these cheap binding posts
    Michell Orbe with Moerch DP-6 Gold Precision > Shure Ultra 500 / London Jubilee / Miyajima Kansui > Croft RIAA R / Miyajima ETR-800P / Audion The Converter DAC > Audion Premier 2.0 > Audion Golden Night 300B/PX25 & Audio Black Shadow 845 > Audio Nirvana 15" Classic Alnico with Tannoy ST200.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast