+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: WTD: Radford STA 15 or 25

I'm David.

Default Sta 25

Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post
    Here is a Woodside version in Germany I saw the other day. Looks like in great nick. Well worth the trip I'd say.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/173782200328
    Looks nice - I’m bought quite a few things from Germany in the past :-)

I'm Edward.

There is a audio dealer in Japan trying to sell an original STA25 for over £4k (equivalent).

Based on my own experience, Will's Revival amp is head and shoulders above the original STA25 series 3 version, but I do get why people want to buy vintage stuff.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm David.

I got the impression that it was one of Wills new ones - so not that bad considering it less than a year old?

I'm David.

What’s the difference between the Radford STA25 Renaissance and Woodside Radford STA35? I appreciate that on the 35 the circuit board sits on the surface but it it the same circuit on both?

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by djdstone View Post
    I got the impression that it was one of Wills new ones - so not that bad considering it less than a year old?
    If you are meaning the one being sold on eBay in Enfield for £2.5k then yes it is one of Will's incarnations.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm David.

Looks very nice - but happy with an earlier version. I’m looking to drive some Tannoy Berkeleys - would an STA15 fit the bill? I don’t listen at high volumes and the room I use them in isn’t large. I did you some renovated Heathkits MA12s for a while with Radford transformers and they sounded quite good.

I'm Geoff.

I reckon the STA15 will be just fine with Tannoys, especially in the circumstances you describe.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Chap on Wigwam stating he will have some Radford for sale at Tonbridge Audio jumble next Sunday. No prices mind.

https://hifiwigwam.com/forum/topic/1...-hadcocks-etc/
    Paul.

I'm Will.

That new STA25 on eBay was a heavily discounted amp, sold as a favour, made from of out of spec (not dimensionally, just incorrect) metalwork and has no legend panels with screen printing. While it is electrically fine it's not the same as a new one from us.
    Radford Revival
    www.radfordrevival.co.uk

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Radford Revival View Post
    That new STA25 on eBay was a heavily discounted amp, sold as a favour, made from of out of spec (not dimensionally, just incorrect) metalwork and has no legend panels with screen printing. While it is electrically fine it's not the same as a new one from us.

I noticed the missing legends, wondered why.
    Spendorman

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast