+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stirling Broadcast LS3/5a V2

I'm Mel.

Yes sorry they are S3 - just looked.

Must have had them about 8years now so its obvious I like them and doubt they will ever leave me.

Not my main speakers but linked up to an old Linn Classic in my project room and so used quite regularly.

I'm Charlie.

I bought a pair of Stirling LS3/5as (V1 - the original small production volume with T27 & B110), when they came out 15+ years ago - fabulous speakers. Interestingly I also have a pair of LS3/5a clones (Kefkit CS1a with T27 and B110 SP1003 drivers); these sound surprisingly good and pretty close to the Stirlings. I may let the clones go in due course, once I have collected Martin's (Ovlov) custom built HSMs.
    R2R: Studer A820 1/2 inch 2 track; Otari MTR-12 1/4 inch 2 track; Sony APR 5003; Sony APR 5002; Studer A807/II. Vinyl: Platine Verdier Allaerts MC1B/Schroeder Reference & Model 2 Decca C4E/Hadcock 228 TRON Seven Reference phono. Keith Monks MkII RCM Other analogue source: Nakamichi Dragon with ANT4066 mods. Amplification: TRON Meteor preamp TRON Voyager 20B SET power. Speakers: Avantgarde Duo. Digital: computing at last with Prism Sound Lyra 2 A2D converter

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12