+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LIDL Soldering Station available again.

I'm Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by dave2010 View Post
    That seems harsh. The LED Multi-Function lights (currently LIVARNO and may still be available) seem very good, and I've had similar ones from LIDL in the past which have been very useful as torches. These have a charger which is like a 13 amp plug, and the light unit rests in that. They also work as motion detectors at night. Well worth the money. The battery charger I have also seems very good - much better than most other chargers I've had which were either similarly priced, or cost a lot more.

If anything fails or is unsuitable within a short time - about a month - LIDL are usually rather good at replacing the item, or giving a refund.
    I bought one of these solder stations a few years ago and it was crap. You might be lucky to get one that works properly but the tips are very poor quality IMO of course.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
    I bought one of these solder stations a few years ago and it was crap. You might be lucky to get one that works properly but the tips are very poor quality IMO of course.
    I bought one last year with help from a member here as my local Lidl hadn't got them in. Good for larger jobs but the tip was no good for PCBs. I still have mine but it's a back up these days.

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
    OK. Are there any others which aren’t too much more expensive from other sources which are any good?

I’m not doubting you, or others, but not everything electrical from LIDL is crap, and some things are actually good.
    Dave

I'm Geoff.

The point seems to be being missed. It's less than nine quid and will do the occasional soldering job like refitting a plug on a cable just fine. If it doesn't work, you take it back, as with anything else faulty. I've never had a defective electrical tool from LIDL and I've got a few.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Dave.

Interesting that the soldering iron has been announced so far ahead of time. I went yesterday to a local Lidl, and they did have a few items - battery packs 5000maAh and binoculars, but no soldering irons. I see that the scheduled date is 17th - but maybe not all the stores will have them anyway. i didn't notice any in the magazine for next week either, but some bottles of wine which might be OK (if not to drink, to cook with) are scheduled to be available at low prices.

I've noticed before that some items seem to be only available in a few stores.
    Dave

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by dave2010 View Post
    Interesting that the soldering iron has been announced so far ahead of time.
    Not really. It wasn't announced in isolation. It was offered with a bunch of other items on that date as part of the LIDL rolling programme of 'specials'. If you keep an eye on their website, you'll see this.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12