+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LIDL Soldering Station available again.

I'm Geoff.

Default LIDL Soldering Station available again.

On Sunday 17 February LIDL will be offering the Parkside soldering station again as one of their 'specials' at a mere £8.99 including spare tip and solder.

https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/MiddleofLi...rticleId=20300

Bit of a bargain. No doubt it will be available for a couple of days, so if you need a soldering iron, here you go!

Last edited by walpurgis; 08-02-2019 at 09:30.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Paul.

Ill try and grab this. Thanks for the heads up

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Current system:
    RPi + Allo Digione
    Beresford Caiman Seg & Dorado powered by 15v Linear PSU
    Transcendent Sound Mini Beast OTL
    Amptastic Mini-1
    Klipsch KG4.5 Speakers with Titanium Diagphrams and Sonicap Cap upgrade
    110aH Leisure Battery powers the Mini-1 & Digione

I'm Lawrence.

Mine needs a new pointy bit it didn't last very long, just a cheap one off ebay (UK shop though) maybe it's easier just to buy this as long as it lasts longer.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

I'm Geoff.

There tends to be a variety of replacement soldering iron tips on ebay. Just make sure you buy the right fitting and size.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Hugo.

Every single item of 'centre aisle' electrical equipment that I've ever bought from Lidl has turned out to be poor performing, poorly designed, or plain junk, so no bargain at all. This one may be different, but I doubt it - some years back on the advice of my mate Tony I invested in a Weller soldering station and that's been a revelation after several crap stations bought from Maplin, all of which might have had good power on paper, but the tips just didn't seem to conduct heat properly, nor did they last very long. The Weller is a dainty thing but it has real power and even the smallest tips conduct heat very well. All in all, the Weller has been cheaper over time than the shoddy alternatives.

I'm Geoff.

Missing the point a bit. The Weller soldering station is ten times the price!

In any case, I have several LIDL Parkside electrical tools and have found them reliable.

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Missing the point a bit. The Weller soldering station is ten times the price!

In any case, I have several LIDL Parkside electrical tools and have found them reliable.
    Agreed. May use their Ultimate Speed car battery charger on the car this weekend. Similar unit costs more than twice as much elsewhere, except Aldi, who are just undercutting Lidl at this moment for a similar item! Battery drill, mains drill, belt sander, hedge trimmer, bought at Lidl years ago, all still good.
    Spendorman

I'm Alex.

The Lidl Multimeter that was on offer recently at under £10 is brilliant, has proper safety approval too.
    Spendorman

I'm Lee.

I brought one of these a couple of years back when they were on offer, still need to take it out the box and get Mr Firebottle to show me how to solder, LOL
    Vinyl rig 1 - NAS Spacedeck / FR64s / Lab 12 Melto / Denon SUT / Ortofon GM SPU. Vinyl rig 2 Mono Set Up - Lenco GL75 c/w Jelco 750D / AT33 Mono / EAR 834P Modded. Amplifiers - Audio Note Empress Silver / Hattor Passive Pre. Digital - Fanless Mini PC / Lampizator TRP / Linear PSU / Hummingboard Network audio adaptor. Speakers - Horns.pl Mummy's. Cables are Audio Note / Albedo / Furutech Speaker wire. Power conditioner is a Gigawatt PC2 EVO

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Ammonite Acoustics View Post
    Every single item of 'centre aisle' electrical equipment that I've ever bought from Lidl has turned out to be poor performing, poorly designed, or plain junk, so no bargain at all.
    That seems harsh. The LED Multi-Function lights (currently LIVARNO and may still be available) seem very good, and I've had similar ones from LIDL in the past which have been very useful as torches. These have a charger which is like a 13 amp plug, and the light unit rests in that. They also work as motion detectors at night. Well worth the money. The battery charger I have also seems very good - much better than most other chargers I've had which were either similarly priced, or cost a lot more.

If anything fails or is unsuitable within a short time - about a month - LIDL are usually rather good at replacing the item, or giving a refund.
    Dave

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast