+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tron convergance pre amps and mono blocks

I'm Charlie.

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    excellent . be very interested when someone tries the pre and monoblock system
    Phil, maybe you could pop down the M40 and visit GT for a listen. The pre is brand new, so I doubt anyone on a forum has heard it.
    R2R: Studer A820 1/2 inch 2 track; Otari MTR-12 1/4 inch 2 track; Sony APR 5003; Sony APR 5002; Studer A807/II. Vinyl: Platine Verdier Allaerts MC1B/Schroeder Reference & Model 2 Decca C4E/Hadcock 228 TRON Seven Reference phono. Keith Monks MkII RCM Other analogue source: Nakamichi Dragon with ANT4066 mods. Amplification: TRON Meteor preamp TRON Voyager 20B SET power. Speakers: Avantgarde Duo. Digital: computing at last with Prism Sound Lyra 2 A2D converter

I'm Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by topoxforddoc View Post
    Phil, maybe you could pop down the M40 and visit GT for a listen. The pre is brand new, so I doubt anyone on a forum has heard it.
    thanks charlie , good idea . one day perhaps but i do prefer trying them in my system as i am extremely sensitive to sound .i.e too bass heavy and too bright painful on the old ears . take a fair bit to beat the freya which is forensically transparent , especially in passive mode but does have a lightness and delicacy and realism
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

Location: Out on the wild and windy moors Lancs / Yorks Border

I'm Andy.

I have to say that after 45 years in this hobby I bought a Tron Seven and introduced it to my system.

It was a most enlightening introduction and probably ranks amongst the most significant upgrades I have ever made.
    Analogue
    401 / PU7 / AT33ev
    Longdog Audio Quartz turntable PSU
    Longdog Audio MCJ1 - Prototype Phonostage
    Digital
    Innuos Zen Mini Mk 3
    Topping D50s
    Caiman Seg & Dorado
    Cambridge CXC
    Amps
    Tron Seven Linestage
    Bel Canto Set 40 or Nick Gorham built 300B Set Monoblocks
    Speakers
    Tannoy GRF Memory.
    Tannoy ST100.

I'm Charlie.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy831 View Post
    I have to say that after 45 years in this hobby I bought a Tron Seven and introduced it to my system.

It was a most enlightening introduction and probably ranks amongst the most significant upgrades I have ever made.
    +1

Sound wise, the TRON pre and power amps are up with the very best - they are often rated highly at RMAF and the Munich High End shows. This year the baby TRON Convergence phono stage and the TRON Atlantic 300B integrated were amongst the sounds of the show at RMAF.

https://www.audionirvana.org/forum/t...t-sound-around
    https://theaudiobeatnik.com/rmaf-201...man-acoustics/
    R2R: Studer A820 1/2 inch 2 track; Otari MTR-12 1/4 inch 2 track; Sony APR 5003; Sony APR 5002; Studer A807/II. Vinyl: Platine Verdier Allaerts MC1B/Schroeder Reference & Model 2 Decca C4E/Hadcock 228 TRON Seven Reference phono. Keith Monks MkII RCM Other analogue source: Nakamichi Dragon with ANT4066 mods. Amplification: TRON Meteor preamp TRON Voyager 20B SET power. Speakers: Avantgarde Duo. Digital: computing at last with Prism Sound Lyra 2 A2D converter

montesquieu Guest

I wasn’t altogether impressed by the Convergence phono preamp that came round to mine but then again it was at against an Aurorasound Vida at the time and there is a massive price disparity.

I did enjoy the Tron Seven preamp I heard. That’s something I’d like to try in my setup at some stage.

I'm Charlie.

Fair comment Tom

I'm Phil.

just in case anyone wants some nice tron monoblocks , this is the first pair i have seen s/h . well worth trying

https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/thre...o-pair.251256/
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12