+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prog Radio show querie (Progmeister)

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Floyddroid View Post
    Hey guys i just need a hands up here. Who if anyone listens to my monthly Podcast on www.progzilla.com ? Just wondering as it may be inappropriate to be advertising it here. For those interested you can get info about the shows as and when they are due to be broadcast on the Progmeister facebook page.

Cheers

Steve
    I've been meaning to for ages, big fan of Marillion, King Crimson, Jethro Tull to name a few prog or near prog bands I like. It's having a young family that means I miss it. If I can just work out this podcast thing...

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

I'm Lawrence.

Ok have just downloaded podcast republic and added your stream, now downloading the last show, let's see if I can get it to work..

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    I've been meaning to for ages, big fan of Marillion, King Crimson, Jethro Tull to name a few prog or near prog bands I like. It's having a young family that means I miss it. If I can just work out this podcast thing...

It's easier than you think Lawrence. Follow the link above and listen whenever you like.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandslamms View Post
    I am a "dyed in the wool" Prog fan. I also love Steve's monthly show - to me its diversity is one of its greatest strengths. We have regular guests here at Llwyn Helyg that are hardened Prog fans but their true love is music in general and we often play some Floyd and Yes followed by Kate Bush, Bowie, Talk Talk, Yello, Jane Siberry, Joe Jackson and then some Stravinsky!
    So I urge anyone who loves music to give Steve's Show a listen, I have discovered a host of Bands and Artists, 'Freedom to Glide', 'Riversea', 'Tigermoth Tales', 'Tony Patterson' etc. that I became aware of only through his show.........wouldn't it be great if it was fortnightly!!!

Caron.
    Thanks so much Caron. If i didn't work full time at my da job it would be weekly.

I'm Mark.

I've been a 'Prog Music Fan' since I was 14, but luckily I love most other music genres too. I've only just started listening to Steve's show recently, but do find the mix refreshing. @Spectral Morn you've made some very valid points but i'm a huge Tangerine Dream fan, as well as Yes and Genesis too, and I'd definitely label TD and Asia under Prog myself. Can totally see your point regarding 'Japan' and the other artists, but do you know what..I really enjoyed listening to 'Mary Black' and 'XTC' this month. Both artists I hadn't heard for awhile. Likewise 'Claire Hamill' last month. I've bought a lot of releases recently that I would've never heard of, just by listening to this show (all Prog) - 'Big Big Train' 'Tiger Moth Tales' and 'The Swan Chorus' to name a few. I was also blown away by 'Colin Bass' and 'Mog and the Water Tribe' this month. Again, even with Colin Bass's 'Camel' connection, music that otherwise I wouldn't get to hear. When it comes to 'completely Prog' radio shows on the Net you'll be surprised how little's about. So I ask any Prog fans amongst you to give this guy a chance - think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

I'm Lawrence.

I think I'd much prefer a show that included music influenced by prog, and music most prog fans would like, rather than a show constrained by a narrow definition of what prog means.

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    I think I'd much prefer a show that included music influenced by prog, and music most prog fans would like, rather than a show constrained by a narrow definition of what prog means.

I personally don’t see prog rock as narrow definition. In 1971 when I purchased my first “prog rock “ albums as they were catalogued in the local town record store I purchased Deep Purple in Rock, Moody Blues - On the Threshold of a Dream, Black Sabbath - Master of Reality and Led Zep II. I was 13 and wanted to know what prog rock was, the chap who ran the album section said it was Progressive Rock music and the put records on there the the record label had categorised them as that, he said the had asked about it as they found the section quite diverse from a listening point of view, the answer was that it was rock music the was considered to be pushing new boundaries in a musical experience, so sometimes that meant longer compositions or songs that would not be considered traditional. This explained the mix I listed, even though nowadays we might consider some psychedelic rock, rock or heavy metal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12