+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prog Radio show querie (Progmeister)

I'm Steve.

Thumbs up Prog Radio show querie (Progmeister)

Hey guys i just need a hands up here. Who if anyone listens to my monthly Podcast on www.progzilla.com ? Just wondering as it may be inappropriate to be advertising it here. For those interested you can get info about the shows as and when they are due to be broadcast on the Progmeister facebook page.

Cheers

Steve

I'm Steve.

As i thought.

I'm Adrian.

Actually I was not aware of your show Steve, I will look it up it’s view to listening
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Andy.

Steve

I have generally listened to your radio show after the event.
    From your web site, find it easier than remembering when it's on and managing the time to get a listen.
    Enjoyed them, and always something new to listen to and further discover them later on.
    HV Electrical Engineer - SAF (Sustainable Aviation Fuel) Plant

I'm mick.

Quote Originally Posted by Sand Dancin Donkey Walker View Post
    Steve

I have generally listened to your radio show after the event.
    From your web site, find it easier than remembering when it's on and managing the time to get a listen.
    Enjoyed them, and always something new to listen to and further discover them later on.
    +1
    Nothin' I do don't seem to work ,it only seems to make matters worse!. Jagger/Richards

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Actually I was not aware of your show Steve, I will look it up it’s view to listening
    Here is a link to the latest show.. http://www.progzilla.com/podcast-3-p...ZUIDv2VWf_xZCo

I'm Steve.

Here is a link to the most recent show... http://www.progzilla.com/podcast-3-p...ZUIDv2VWf_xZCo

I'm Neil.

I have listened a few times, though I used to listen more regularly - a few years ago- to another streamed prog show, can't recall the guys name, but it was streamed from one of the Scottish islands, the presenter sounded a bit like a cross between BigClive and Ian Anderson.

I should listen to your show more often, but it slips my mind to do so.

Just looking at your current play list

Asia - Pomp/AoR not prog

Mary Black - folk not prog

XTC - quirky pop not prog

Japan - quirky pop/electronica not prog

and Steely Dan, Goldfrap, Tangerine Dream also not prog.

I like those artists, but for a prog show a lot of music that too my mind is not prog.
    Regards Neil

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral Morn View Post
    I have listened a few times, though I used to listen more regularly - a few years ago- to another streamed prog show, can't recall the guys name, but it was streamed from one of the Scottish islands, the presenter sounded a bit like a cross between BigClive and Ian Anderson.

I should listen to your show more often, but it slips my mind to do so.

Just looking at your current play list

Asia - Pomp/AoR not prog

Mary Black - folk not prog

XTC - quirky pop not prog

Japan - quirky pop/electronica not prog

and Steely Dan, Goldfrap, Tangerine Dream also not prog.

I like those artists, but for a Prog show a lot of music that too my mind is not prog.
    Glad you highlighted that. Thank you for doing so. One of the reasons so many people don't listen to Prog shows or more than half an hour is because they drown in the Topographic Ocean if you get my meaning. Many classic Prog bands have links with pop and folk and even electro pop. I can recount three conversations i had these past few years with Nick Beggs (Kajagoogoo/Steve Hackett band/Steven Wilson) Andy Tillison (The Tangent) and more recently Claire Hamill who informed me that she had been singing with a Yes tribute band. Mixing and sharing my favourite music with Prog is akin to adding tonic to gin etc. I find that playing some excellent long form Prog pieces benefits from some different takes on music forms. I have so many returning listeners that are dyed in the wool Prog fans who enjoy the variety. I make the point of asking just what is Prog in my recent show, the majority of it simply isn't Progressive or even rock. My view and that of many is that it is simply great music played in a classic Prog style. A view i share with Francis Dunnery.
    Really pleased you highlighted this because as mentioned above, some folks might not listen to a band that have been labelled Prog no matter how good they are because they simply don't like Prog or the title. I am very lucky enough to play some great music from new or relatively unknown bands who don't get a hearing because of this. So pleased you pointed this out and a big thanks once again for doing so. I hope you listen to the show and enjoy what's there. There is a lot of what we love to call Prog within infused with the things you have pointed out.

Regards and salutations

Steve

I'm Caron.

Wink

I am a "dyed in the wool" Prog fan. I also love Steve's monthly show - to me its diversity is one of its greatest strengths. We have regular guests here at Llwyn Helyg that are hardened Prog fans but their true love is music in general and we often play some Floyd and Yes followed by Kate Bush, Bowie, Talk Talk, Yello, Jane Siberry, Joe Jackson and then some Stravinsky!
    So I urge anyone who loves music to give Steve's Show a listen, I have discovered a host of Bands and Artists, 'Freedom to Glide', 'Riversea', 'Tigermoth Tales', 'Tony Patterson' etc. that I became aware of only through his show.........wouldn't it be great if it was fortnightly!!!

Caron.
    Basis Debut Gold Standard T/Table, SME V Tonearm, Koetsu 80th. Anniversary, Krell Reference KRS Monoblock Pre and Power Amps, Krell FPB700 Power Amp, Wilson Audio X1 Grandslamms Series 5, Wilson Audio XS Subwoofers, Theta Data Basic & Pro Gen V DAC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast