+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CD Player/Caiman SEG

Quote Originally Posted by JohnNB View Post
    Still can't decide wether to return mine (still within the returns period), or try to find a player that doesn't produce unwanted noise like Dave and his Denon.
    Send it back. This thread is giving my product a bad name even though it is not the SEG that is faulty. My only regret is that is that I did the clock mod for you on a new unit, whilst I have refused to do the same for others. But even though it means me having lost a lot a of time and money for nothing, it's still far better than reading all these comments that try to put the blame on the SEG. I don't need the money so I can put up with the loss.

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyB View Post
    Send it back. This thread is giving my product a bad name even though it is not the SEG that is faulty. My only regret is that is that I did the clock mod for you on a new unit, whilst I have refused to do the same for others. But even though it means me having lost a lot a of time and money for nothing, it's still far better than reading all these comments that try to put the blame on the SEG. I don't need the money so I can put up with the loss.
    try to find a player that doesn't produce unwanted noise
    I think Johns statement above says Johns aware its the CDP Stan, the SEG plays whats its fed and in Johns case the marantz is the problem.
    Amp Rega Elex-R
    CDP Denon DCD 520
    Tuner Teac T-R650 Dab/FM
    Music Player Pioneer N30 Network Player
    DAC Rega Dac-R
    Speakers Q Acoustic Concept 40s
    Speaker Cable Current is Rega FSC Quattro , Fisual S-Flex Studio 2.5mm / Ortofon SPK 100
    Interconnects Van Damme Silver Plated OFC Pro Classic XKE CDP/Tuner & Solid Silver Cyro 99.99% Pure, Dac To Amp
    Headphones AKG K550 mk3
    SUB BK XLS 200

I'm John.

I'm sorry you feel like this Stan but I am sharing my experience of using a piece of equipment, which I think is one of the primary purposes of this site. My comments on the SEG, apart from the problems with noise, have been exclusively positive about the SEG and as soon as I noticed the noise I emailed you hoping for a constructive response, which, unfortunately, was not forthcoming. I therefore looked to the AoS forum for advice and guidance, and came across Michael's post concerning exactly the same issues I am experiencing. Surely sharing information and experiences in this way is important information for potential buyers, and for yourself.

I have tried 3 different cdps with the SEG - 2 Marantz, 1 Sony, all with similar results. The Sony was slightly different in that it doesn't produce noise when the tray is opened and closed, but when turning the player off I got the loud 'pop' as I did with the 2 Marantz decks. I am still open to the possibility that the problem is with the cdps I have tried, and I was hoping to try at least one more before making a decision within the 30 day trial period. If you think this is unreasonable and that I should return the SEG before trying other alternatives, I will do this. But, as I've posted several times, I think the SEG is a excellent dac that has significantly elevated the sound I'm getting from my system, and I would like to try at least one more cdp before making a decision.
    Regards,
    John
    Linn Axis tt/Akito arm/Nagaoka MP200 or ATVM95/ML carts/Trichord Dino mk3 phono stage/dedicated PSU
    Marantz CD6006/Cambridge 650T DAB
    Tisbury Mini Passive II pre/Roksan K3 Dac/Roksan K2 integrated used as power amp
    Atlas Element Integra Superior inter-connects
    Spendor SP1s(1988)/Van-Damme UP-LCOFC HiFi 4mm cable

I'm Dave.

Personally John I'd keep the SEG and if your just using the CDP via optical pick up a s/h Denon DCD520 off ebay their not to expensive Its what I use without problems, or the new model
    Amp Rega Elex-R
    CDP Denon DCD 520
    Tuner Teac T-R650 Dab/FM
    Music Player Pioneer N30 Network Player
    DAC Rega Dac-R
    Speakers Q Acoustic Concept 40s
    Speaker Cable Current is Rega FSC Quattro , Fisual S-Flex Studio 2.5mm / Ortofon SPK 100
    Interconnects Van Damme Silver Plated OFC Pro Classic XKE CDP/Tuner & Solid Silver Cyro 99.99% Pure, Dac To Amp
    Headphones AKG K550 mk3
    SUB BK XLS 200

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123