Closed Thread

Thread: Job (Goldmund) 225 Power Amplifier

I'm Spencer.

Default Job (Goldmund) 225 Power Amplifier

A well renowned Swiss-built power amplifier that has served me well for the last 12 months or so powering my pretty demanding Spendor S8e speakers. I am the second owner, bought from a fellow forum member who sourced direct from the manufacturer. Lots of positive forum chat both here and in the U.S., strong reviews etc.

https://6moons.com/audioreviews/job/1.html

http://www.jobsys.com/products.htm

Boxed and in unmarked condition. Can be shipped but would prefer collection from Warwickshire/meet up.

Priced realistically at £800 inc. delivery (approx. half original selling price)IMG_5463.jpgIMG_5464.jpgIMG_5465.jpg
    Last edited by Spenagio; 01-02-2019 at 12:51.

Looks very nice. You may want to edit your 6moons link as the * at the end takes you to the home page.
    Paul.

I'm Spencer.

thanks Paul, will edit.

As I have got the opportunity to buy a new amp I would be happy to let this go for a reasonable offer. It's on eBay atm, one low-ball offer and one half decent one....

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Spenagio View Post
    thanks Paul, will edit.

As I have got the opportunity to buy a new amp I would be happy to let this go for a reasonable offer. It's on eBay atm, one low-ball offer and one half decent one....
    Hi Spencer, what are you moving in to it’s place?

Bargain price BTW!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lordmortlock Guest

I’ve always been interested in these but not sure how well they play with valve preamps. Anyone had any experience?

I'm julian.

Hi Spencer,

FYI - i can't see it on ebay..might be worth checking the listing
    PS Audio Directstream DAC, modified Dennon DVD player, SP10, Trans Fi linear tracker, Stack audio streamer
    1980's Aloia 6L6 prototype, Cat's Whiskers Autum Leaves 300 B mono blocks, Definative Audio modded Rogue 88 Magmum 6550. Firebottle LDR battery pre. Classe 103, Herron VT2
    RFC Tannoy Cheviot's,Wilmslow Audio modified Chario Academy Millenium II's,Frankenstein DIY's, Oris Onken horns, Fostek full range drivers
    Ripnas etc

I'm Spencer.

It has just sold to a buyer from Italy, so depending on if that sale completes may no longer be available.

Martin, good to hear from you, I have a couple of options at home to try, so not determined yet.

Oh, and on the questions of valve pre compatibility, I use a hand-built pre, lovely Type 36 built by Martin. The Job has quite high gain, so is best suited to low/zero gain pre-amps, although I get around the issue by using attenuators and have not noticed any degradation in sound.

Quote Originally Posted by joolz View Post
    Hi Spencer,

FYI - i can't see it on ebay..might be worth checking the listing

I'm gordan.

Quote Originally Posted by lordmortlock View Post
    I’ve always been interested in these but not sure how well they play with valve preamps. Anyone had any experience?
    last time i heard it, JOB played with EAR 924 pre - certainly one of the best combos i heard.
    Gordan.
    Speakers: Oris Swing MkII
    Amps: Thomas Mayer 300b/ Hiraga La Maison de L'Audiophile 20
    Preamp: Silver AVC by eng. Ferenc Lazar
    Phono Preamp: Shishido LCR by Solaja Audio
    Decks: Garrard 301 Martin Bastin reworked/plinthed with Fidelity Research FR64fx
    Garrard 401 in eng Ferenc Lazar solid wenge plinth with SME 3012/2
    Cartridges: SPU Spirit/ Koetsu Black revisited by eng. Salai/ Miyajima Shilabe
    Step Up Transformers: Tango MCT 999/ Ortofon T-5000/ Lumiere SUT
    Digital: Shigaclone by eng. Ferenc Lazar with Lampizator Amber II
    Wires: of sufficient length

I'm Spencer.

Quote Originally Posted by ERICLIMPIT View Post
    Avoid the Italian postal services at all costs, as it seems that anything nice will get "lost" in the post...
    Fortunately this went to a fellow forum member, so mods please close the thread.

Closed Thread