+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 48 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Advice on Quad power amps.

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    just checked mine.. been on ebay for 16 years this month... 17 years for amazon.

I've not been with Amazon so long, this was my first purchase, 2007.

It had a faulty power socket (intermittent) I was impressed with their return/ refund process. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Spendorman

I'm Ian.

Didn't mean from that dimension, I haven't looked for a while but for some time there seemed to be so much vintage Quad stuff that was either utter tat or to say the least over optimistically priced/worked last time I used it sort of thing I drifted away. Perhaps it was just an unfortunate period of listings.

It's certainly great for bird seed and suet pellets

I'm Mike.

Just wondering what my next move should be pre amp wise, surely a £25 little black box isn't a keeper? (the little bear). II miss remote control as well.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Chris.

One of these providing three stereo inputs and remote control, as well as contact- less volume control
    and contact-less input switching is suggested.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm Mike.

Just thought I'd update on my foray into Quadland. The 306 replaced a Naim Nait 5, I have listened to it for about a month now, most pleasingly with my latest acquirement - the Chario Syntars, I plugged the Nait back in for a few days and it was quite obvious that the Quad/Little bear combo was the better amp. So much more presence, weight, clarity. Now looking for a decent pre with remote control. Am thinking of upgrading to a Quad 909 when funds allow, would that be a wise step with the Charios? I love these speakers and want to keep them, a first for me!
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    Just thought I'd update on my foray into Quadland. The 306 replaced a Naim Nait 5, I have listened to it for about a month now, most pleasingly with my latest acquirement - the Chario Syntars, I plugged the Nait back in for a few days and it was quite obvious that the Quad/Little bear combo was the better amp. So much more presence, weight, clarity. Now looking for a decent pre with remote control. Am thinking of upgrading to a Quad 909 when funds allow, would that be a wise step with the Charios? I love these speakers and want to keep them, a first for me!
    Don't sell the 306 until you've tried the 909. They sound rather different, 909 is pretty laid back in comparison, which of course you may like......or not!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Don't sell the 306 until you've tried the 909. They sound rather different, 909 is pretty laid back in comparison, which of course you may like......or not!
    I absolutely get what you mean when you say the 306 is 'fleet footed', which I do like.

I'm Dave.

Can't believe you didn't appreciate the PRAT of the Nait over the Quad..

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    Can't believe you didn't appreciate the PRAT of the Nait over the Quad..
    I can.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I can.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 48 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast