+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 48 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Advice on Quad power amps.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    Barely even warm now, think I must have been pushing the volume a bit, but felt I had to, to get that visceral feeling from the music, don't think the Khozmo is a good match for the 909, too tinny, no projection to the music, What to try next, Croft pre?
    Nah you want to try a DCB1 passive buffer - keeps the clarity of the passive but adds that little bit of bite and punch.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Nah you want to try a DCB1 passive buffer - keeps the clarity of the passive but adds that little bit of bite and punch.
    That’s what I’ve got with a quad qsp,which is pretty much the same apparently as a 909,sounds amazing to me,far better than I’ve heard in any dem room.
    Cambridge audio cxc,CCA Spotify premium
    Beresford seg,dorado,supercap and clock mods
    Dcb1 750ma pre
    Quad QSP power
    Monitor Audio silver 8i
    Kimber powerkords,4vs speaker cable,pbj and Klotz mc5000 interconnects.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Leeken View Post
    That’s what I’ve got with a quad qsp,which is pretty much the same apparently as a 909,sounds amazing to me,far better than I’ve heard in any dem room.
    Results will vary with the power amp. With my Krell it is jaw-dropping, with my XTZ just okay. But worth trying as if the match is good the sound quality is, as you say, on a par with the best you'll hear anywhere.
    Current Lash Up:

Bigman80 Guest

I think he did Macca, with his Naim.

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Martin.

I thought the Naim was an integrated?

Anyway I don't rate Naim.
    Current Lash Up:

Bigman80 Guest

I thought the Naim was an integrated?

Anyway I don't rate Naim.
    You could be right. I think Steve took his Firebottle monos round.

I'm Martin.

Can only speak from my own experience but results with the DCB1 do seem to vary depending on the power amp. only way is to try. But if it gels - you're into the high end sound for next to nothing.
    Current Lash Up:

Bigman80 Guest

Can only speak from my own experience but results with the DCB1 do seem to vary depending on the power amp. only way is to try. But if it gels - you're into the high end sound for next to nothing.
    I'd suggest the results depend more on the amplifier. I've not hear the DCB1 have a negative impact on anything, rather show them up for what they are. However I am totally biased

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    I'd suggest the results depend more on the amplifier. I've not hear the DCB1 have a negative impact on anything, rather show them up for what they are. However I am totally biased
    No that could well be what is happening, completely agree.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Mike.

I only heard the dcb1 around Steves, with his monoblocks. I'd like to hear one with my Quad, with anybody wants to loam me one. please.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 48 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast