+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jan Allearts MC Boron mk1 interest check

I'm Adrian.

Default Jan Allearts MC Boron mk1 interest check

I didn't think I'd pull the trigger and let this go, it's seen off stiff competition including various top tier Miyajima carts as well as.a Goldfinger and a Kiseki. Before I commit myself I'd like to know what folks think.

I've had the cart around 3 years and the tip is as fresh as a daisy. It's specs are better than almost all carts regardless of price, it tracks without issue, and is a breeze to set up.

It has no favourite genre and is superb across all types. It never sounds aggressive unless the recording is aggressive and has a liquid, holographic quality that is unbeatable.

It has been paired with various arms of all prices and excelled in all of them, from the ultra lightweight to the heavy (I personally think a mid mass is perfect).

Loading at 150ohms is just right straight into most MC inputs.

Condition is 8/10 cosmetically, 10/10 functionality.

These are almost impossible to get hold of second hand and the waiting list for new ones stretches for years.

I would be looking for €875 which is less than a third of retail price.

Forgive my bad phone camera!

Adey
    Technics SP10 mk2
    Jan Allaerts MC 1 Boron mk1 cart
    Miyajima Shilabe cart
    Hashimoto HM-X SUT
    Siggwan (gimballed not unipivot) Cocobola 12"
    Aurorasound Vida LCR Phonostage
    The Truth linestage
    Dave Slagle Autoformer Volume Controller
    Cary 805c SET amps
    Audio Note ANe-SPX speakers
    Townshend Isolda speaker cables
    Cardas Golden Presence interconnects

I'm Adam.

Hi Adrian, I would possibly be interested in the Jan Allaerts .
    Last edited by WESTLOWER; 30-01-2019 at 16:28.
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Adam.

you have PM Adrian.

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by WESTLOWER View Post
    you have PM Adrian.
    In class right now - will check PM's when home with feet up.
    Technics SP10 mk2
    Miyajima Shilabe cart
    Hashimoto HM-X SUT
    The Truth linestage
    Cary 805c SET amps

I'm Adrian.

I've had quite a few messages of interest in this and also a question which I think I should clarify here.

I gave the cart 8/10 for cosmetics because it has a very slight ding to the inner face of the shell. This isn't visible normally and the cart is actually in fine fettle if not photographed very well.

As to the ding, I did that myself by accident. But the Allaerts doesn't use a heavy/rigid body, it uses less than 0.5mm gold plated aluminium. The "shell" is held in place to shield the inner coils from dust wth 4 small screws - and so the ding could easily be pushed out if it was that important. A quick Google of Jan's site will get you to some images of this inner body.

Had my little accident affected my 'baby' I'd have felt very bad, but it didn't and so baby has stayed from the moment it arrived, and has always been the one to beat. None have.
    Technics SP10 mk2
    Miyajima Shilabe cart
    Hashimoto HM-X SUT
    The Truth linestage
    Cary 805c SET amps

I'm Adam.

Hi Adrian
    The small ‘dink’ is not a problem for me at all.
    I’ve pm’d you
    Cheers

I'm Mike.

I’m very keen on this should Adam change his mind!
    StSt Motus DQ + SME 312 'MB Special'
    Transfix Axia / HM7
    Art Audio Vinyl 1 Ref
    Modified Mac Mini/Weiss DAC 202
    SJS Model 2
    BP P20 (SJS upgraded)
    Trenner and Friedl RA
    [/SIZE]

I'm Adrian.

This is now officially sold to Adam. A very lucky man. Allaerts - genuinely rare as hen's teeth.
    Adey
    Technics SP10 mk2
    Miyajima Shilabe cart
    Hashimoto HM-X SUT
    The Truth linestage
    Cary 805c SET amps

I'm Charlie.

Adam has got a true bargain. I won't be selling mine ever. I don't think I have ever seen a second hand MC1B go for less than 1500 Euro/USD. The Fritz Geiger stylus will last for years, as JA selects only the very best.
    R2R: Studer A820 1/2 inch 2 track; Otari MTR-12 1/4 inch 2 track; Sony APR 5003; Sony APR 5002; Studer A807/II. Vinyl: Platine Verdier Allaerts MC1B/Schroeder Reference & Model 2 Decca C4E/Hadcock 228 TRON Seven Reference phono. Keith Monks MkII RCM Other analogue source: Nakamichi Dragon with ANT4066 mods. Amplification: TRON Meteor preamp TRON Voyager 20B SET power. Speakers: Avantgarde Duo. Digital: computing at last with Prism Sound Lyra 2 A2D converter

I'm Peter.

Charlie is so right. I have one, although with silver coils. I damaged the shell and sent it to Jan to be replaced. I took him a few months but it was worth the wait. It is a remarkable cartridge, and in my system competes with my Lyra, Dynavector and I0-m. You do not have to load it down especially if you want to release its dynamic capabilities.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast