+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Psvane Acme 300B tubes

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Drew.

Default Psvane Acme 300B tubes

After taking delivery of the these new tubes some time ago, I've finally had the opportunity to try them out. Reviews seem rather thin on the ground but my initial impressions are edging toward the level of hperbole that the manuafacturer spouted upon their release, although I hope my description is slightly more penetrable ;-)

From the outset the mids are glorious and the soundstage is considerably widened. Detail is incredible and there is the fabled 'inky' background of silence.... At first the lower-end appeared somewhat polite and muted but after a few hours burn in, it is anything but- powerful and dynamic to say the least. Not even 5 hours burn in have passed but already they are clearly the best 300B new issues I've ever used and by some distance (however I should mention they retail at 1050 dollars for a matched pair- ouch). The balance and extension at both ends of the sonic range is very surprising indeed. Presumably further improvements will follow- Psvane tubes do have a characteriscaly long burn in period. Grant Fidelity claims these are head and shoulders above the Psvane WE 300bs which have an excellent reputation. Let's hope reliabilty is good- in any event they do come with 24 months guarantee. My amp has never sounded so good. Has anyone else tried them yet?
    Last edited by da2222; 30-01-2019 at 14:34.

+ Reply to Thread