+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cambridge audio

I'm Tim.

Default Cambridge audio

Not been in this site for a long time. JUst wondering if there are any Cambridge Audio users here.
    Tim

I'm Geoff.

Hello Tim. Hope all is OK with you.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Jo.

Default >>

Currently using a Cambridge CXC Transport. Have had a few pieces in the past such as the C500 pre-amp / P500 power amp combo, and a 640C CD player.

I'm Rob.

Yea, quite a bit over the years. What do you want to know?
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm James.

Running a Cambridge CXU Universal player. Rather enjoying it too
    Nottingham Analogue Spacedeck / Kuzma Stogi S / Benz Micro Ace S L
    Lenco L-75 / Carl Ellis Plinth / Ortofon AS-212 / Ortofon SPU Classic GM E MkII
    Ortofon ST-7 SUT / Nick G Modded Lentek Head Amp / Croft RIAA

Cambridge Audio CXU / Theta DS Pro Prime

Classé Model 30 / Luxman M-383

Usher Compass X-719

May contain opinions that others find disturbing.

I'm Shaun.

Had a Cambridge CD2 CD player back in the eighties but although the sound was supreme we all know the stories surrounding that. Currently using a Cambridge Audio CXC transport into an Audiolab MDAC but this current Cambridge Audio has very little in common with that of the CD2.

One thing though, the old CD2 drawer mechanism was bloody lovely when compared to all of this current cheap, plasticky stuff. I guess that's the price of advancement or is it just the price of cheap..? My CD2 back then was 600 quid, the CXC thirty years or more later was maybe 300 quid. I recently got to experience a Denon CD player of some fair price and it still wasn't was good as the old CD2.

Progress I guess

I'm Jo.

Default >>>

Quote Originally Posted by Haselsh1 View Post
    Had a Cambridge CD2 CD player back in the eighties but although the sound was supreme we all know the stories surrounding that. Currently using a Cambridge Audio CXC transport into an Audiolab MDAC but this current Cambridge Audio has very little in common with that of the CD2.

One thing though, the old CD2 drawer mechanism was bloody lovely when compared to all of this current cheap, plasticky stuff. I guess that's the price of advancement or is it just the price of cheap..? My CD2 back then was 600 quid, the CXC thirty years or more later was maybe 300 quid. I recently got to experience a Denon CD player of some fair price and it still wasn't was good as the old CD2.

Progress I guess
    CA CXC Transport now listed at just £249 at Richer Sounds.

I'm gone.

Recently I've had a 851D DAC/pre and that was very good.
    Tried a DacMagic 100 but was disappointed by it.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by lonergan2468 View Post
    Not been in this site for a long time. JUst wondering if there are any Cambridge Audio users here.
    I have a cambridge azur 651w power amp, I like it, though it will have to go soon
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Martin.

Ive only just replaced the azur 641a amp in our system. Pretty decent for the money it was, had it paired with mordants short avant 902i speakers for about 10 yeras. Had the matching CD player but the loading mechanism gave up after 5 years.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast