Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: For Sale : Furutech Absolute Power mains cable 90cm

I'm Tristan.

The Furutech Absolute Power cable is a factory assembled cable which comes fitted with a top of the range rhodium UK plug and matching rhodium iec.

You've dismantled it, cut it in half and put the cheaper unmatched gold and silver plug and connector on it. You're keeping the Rhodium plugs as you've tested them and they're better. I know they're better as I have both the Rhodium and the Gold. Given all of this this is not a Furutech Absolute Power cable.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by clap View Post
    The Furutech Absolute Power cable is a factory assembled cable which comes fitted with a top of the range rhodium UK plug and matching rhodium iec.

You've dismantled it, cut it in half and put the cheaper unmatched gold and silver plug and connector on it. You're keeping the Rhodium plugs as you've tested them and they're better. I know they're better as I have both the Rhodium and the Gold. Given all of this this is not a Furutech Absolute Power cable.
    Do you have a link to the original cable?

If this is accurate, it seems a bit naughty to not be upfront about it.

I'm Vince.

Of course it's a Furutech Absolute Power cable. No matter what the plugs are its not going to change the cable. Alan has never ripped anyone off in his life and I take offence to the way you are trying to sully his name. He has dealt with lots of AOS members and I'll bet they will all back him up as a straight up, honest guy. If I had, say a Russ Andrews power cable and changed the plugs......it's still a Russ Andrews cable.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Of course it's a Furutech Absolute Power cable. No matter what the plugs are its not going to change the cable. Alan has never ripped anyone off in his life and I take offence to the way you are trying to sully his name. He has dealt with lots of AOS members and I'll bet they will all back him up as a straight up, honest guy. If I had, say a Russ Andrews power cable and changed the plugs......it's still a Russ Andrews cable.
    The wording is slightly ambiguous. It does state its a Furutech cable, fitted with Furutech plugs but I can see how someone may be duped bby the wordin.

No one is sullying anyone's name, just making sure everyone knows what's for sale.

If the cable is no longer the same spec as the Furutech Absolute cable built by Furutech, due to different plugs, different materials etc, then its no longer a Furutech Absolute cable, it's a cable built with Furutech materials by Alan. Which is fine, but should be stated clearly IMO

No one is claiming a deliberate effort to be deceptive but "Clap" is right to mention it.

I'd be very disappointed if I bought something that wasn't *exactly* as it was advertised as OR I'd misunderstood some ambiguous wording.

As I'm sure EVERYONE would.

Provide proof it's the genuine article or provide an accurate description of what's been done to the cable!

I doubt the origin of the cable will prevent a sale. It's still made with Furutech bits!
    Last edited by Bigman80; 02-02-2019 at 08:07.

I'm Wolfeschlegelsteinhausenbergerdorff.

I'd have to agree, a home made cable also at different specs to the retail cable is not a true factory made cable, therefore I would say, in my opinion, it needs to be advertised as what it is.

Mains cable MADE with Furutech X Y Z.

The original Absolute cable

https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/power...5m-p-7577.html

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by clap View Post
    the furutech absolute power cable is a factory assembled cable which comes fitted with a top of the range rhodium uk plug and matching rhodium iec.

You've dismantled it, cut it in half and put the cheaper unmatched gold and silver plug and connector on it. You're keeping the rhodium plugs as you've tested them and they're better. I know they're better as i have both the rhodium and the gold. Given all of this this is not a furutech absolute power cable.
    you can see the picture....a blind man on a galloping horse can clearly see a gold plated mains plug and silver iec....it is without a doubt !!!....furutech absolute power mains cable..with furutech plugs on it.....whether it is the same spec as the factory built one or not...now stop crapping on my thread

i SUPPOSE ALL THE fURUTECH CABLE SOLD BY THE METER IS NOT FURUTECH CABLE EITHER.....BECAUSE ITS GOT PLUGS OF YOUR CHOICE ON THEM......OR SUPRA...OR CHORD...OR WHAT EVER MANUFACTURER IT IS....YOU CAN RABBIT ON ALL YOU LIKE...AT THE END OF THE DAY THIS IS FURUTECH ABSOLUTE POWER MAINS CABLE..ALBEIT WITH PLUGS OF MY CHOICE AND THE LENGTH I WANTED IT..
    Last edited by mad-moon; 02-02-2019 at 14:45.
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I think the term 'Absolute' denotes the full retail product, not the cable used. I may be wrong so happy to be corrected.

I'm Martin.

Okay my ASA ruling on this is that it should really have been explained in the text of the original ad that the plugs have been changed from the originals. I wouldn't recognise a rhodium plug from a hole in the ground so I would have assumed that this cable was all original and the photo on its own would not have told me otherwise.

However now we are all aware that the plugs are not the original ones that came with the cable I don't think any more needs to be said.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm peter.

well i have read this with some dismay , MR Moon is trying to sell a very very good cable the parts alone would cost more new, just because a few members disagree with the wording of the add, it is still stated as used, clearly marked as FURUTECH on the plug and connector, has Trust gone from AOS ,or is it just become a place for Tyre kickers, who enjoy taking the piss as they just cannot buy it them selves , Leave the Man to sell his stuff and i hope any Adds you will put on in the future will get the same respect ,
    Good luck with the sale, Mr Moon ,

Quote Originally Posted by gwernaffield View Post
    well i have read this with some dismay , MR Moon is trying to sell a very very good cable the parts alone would cost more new, just because a few members disagree with the wording of the add, it is still stated as used, clearly marked as FURUTECH on the plug and connector, has Trust gone from AOS ,or is it just become a place for Tyre kickers, who enjoy taking the piss as they just cannot buy it them selves , Leave the Man to sell his stuff and i hope any Adds you will put on in the future will get the same respect ,
    Good luck with the sale, Mr Moon ,
    I think you are misguided.

The item is essentially not an original piece as the title would suggest (as shown by the link to the original and by comments by Tristan), and is a DIY build. Thus is is not the cable being advertised.

Furutech sell cable and connectors ranging from cheap to super expensive, which makes your argument of it being labeled 'Furutech' obsolete.

No one 'took the piss', they merely acted in the interests of others, who may not have been any wiser, and spent money on a product being told it was one thing, when it fact it was another. I know full well if I had bought it, then I, or someone, figured out it wasn't what it says it is, it would be sent right back with a request for a refund.

'Leave the man to sell his stuff' - so essentially you are saying we can sell anything on here, label it however we want, and hope someone buys it not knowing what it is? Don't be ridiculous! Thats quite the opposite of 'respect' that you hope for.

What should have happened is, the OP does an update and say 'Sorry folks, just to point out this is X Y Z, not a retail product etc'. Then there wouldnt be a big old thread about it. I dont for a moment think Alan was being intentionally dishonest, just merely forgetting to add the details, but essentially the seller takes responsibility for any items they sell. Yes occasionally we may not realise the full details ourselves, this is why its super valuable when people can point things out that we may have missed.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast