+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Reviews/Feedback

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyse6748 View Post
    As a cable snake oil non-believer, I find this review quite heart warming. It’s alway great to hear others that are enjoying their system to the full.

Perhaps I need to become a believer!!! Although it would take a monumental effort.

A great review. Enjoy!

Peter I thought likewise, was happy with what I had, had no real interest in buying more interconnects and wasn't that interested in trying the Spotfires. I mean, interconnects? FFS don't waste my time.

But Ollies's a big lad and he insisted on demming them to me. Long story short I bought two sets pretty much straight away and I've since bought the speaker cable too.
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Technics SLP1200 CD Player * Nelson Pass DCB1 Pre amp / Krell KSA50S Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

'You fool! To think that your ape-brain could contain the full knowledge of the Krell!'

I'm Rob.

As a cable snake oil non-believer, I find this review quite heart warming. It’s alway great to hear others that are enjoying their system to the full.

Perhaps I need to become a believer!!! Although it would take a monumental effort.

A great review. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thanks Peter for the kind words. I’ve been into Hi-Fi since my late Teens and over the years I became more and more obsessed with the gear and analysing the sound and lost focus on the music. Over the last few years my focus has been moving back and just enjoying the music.
    My system has changed completely over the last 12 months. I became disenchanted with Linn and more precisely my LP12. I was sick of spending a fortune on upgrades and feeling underwhelmed and not to put a finer point on it, being skint!

I made the decision to sell everything and look further a field than Linn. Plus, after a few years deliberating I made-up my mind to go the streaming route. Obviously this would take time and a number of demos. However this time around I had one goal. Enjoyment. It sounds simple but I think you can over think gear. I went to a few demos and if I wasn’t into it I would move on to the next thing. I wasn’t trying to hear micro details or that extra kick from the bass. All it had to do was move me, excite me. I tried to keep the swapping of components to a minimum. At times this proved difficult as you ‘tried’ to like a Naim amp as it would match the Naim streamer you liked. However as soon as an Exposure amp was brought into the mix the decision was easy and emphatic.

The only things which I kept from my last system was speakers, interconnects ,one being a Spotfire and speaker cables. I’ve compared the Linn Silvers, Yannis Tome and a few leads my dealer gave me on loan. Nothing came close to the Spotfire’s. I decided to sell the rest of my cables and replace them all with Spotfire.
    Well Tempered Versalex, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Trilogy 906, MCRU LDA Linear PSU, Naim ND5 XS 2 , Exposure 3010S2D, Roksan TR-5 speakers, Spotfire Interconnects/Spotfire Reference speaker cable

I'm Oliver.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Peter I thought likewise, was happy with what I had, had no real interest in buying more interconnects and wasn't that interested in trying the Spotfires. I mean, interconnects? FFS don't waste my time.

But Ollies's a big lad and he insisted on demming them to me. Long story short I bought two sets pretty much straight away and I've since bought the speaker cable too.
    Haha, nothing like a bit of size related convincing
    Analogue: Technics SP10 MK2 > Phonomac AT-1010 MK6 tonearm > Ortofon Kontrapunkt b > Bigbottle Jfet MC Valve Phonostage (Telefunken Valves)
    Digital: Raspberry Pi 3+/Allo Boss 1.2/Isolator 1.3 & 2x LPSU's with Volumio & JRiver
    Amplification: Nelson Pass DCB1 with Khozmo 48 Step Series Attenuator & Krell KSA100 MK2 Amplifier
    Cables: SPOTFIRE Speaker Cable & SPOTFIRE IC Cables & SPOTFIRE Tonearm cable
    Speakers: Pioneer CS-77A
    Price List For SPOTFIRE Cables here:https://bit.ly/2Uxiv3j

I'm Peter.

You sound a bit like me.... Me a Mcintosh devotee and the Townshend Rock for many years...... I couldn't leave valves completely and nothing rocked my boat...... Until I heard the Pathos kit ( InPower / Incontrol Pre / In the Groove Phono / Digit One CD).

All far too expensive for my pocket but the Mcintosh stuff made far more than I thought.

So now the Pathos kit is with me.... end Game for me.

The icing on the cake as always (being into Vinyl) is the DP80 / DYNAVECTOR Combination.

Pray why has it taken be 70 years to find the kit a now love?????

I'm really pleased the Spotfire cables have hit the spot.... This Hifi game is sometimes a hard game to get right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Peter.

Blackmax (Rob)

What streaming are you into.

Me, Iím a Roon man (integrated Tidal, into MQA / Tidal Masters but not all as good as there cracked up to be.) Endpoint is the MicroRendu/ ( Bridge) Mytek Brooklyn DAC. Just Stunning.....

Will ever beat Vinyl.... now thereís a debate (Perhaps not in my lifetime). Who knows!!

I'm Rob.

Blackmax (Rob)

What streaming are you into.

Me, I’m a Roon man (integrated Tidal, into MQA / Tidal Masters but not all as good as there cracked up to be.) Endpoint is the MicroRendu/ ( Bridge) Mytek Brooklyn DAC. Just Stunning.....

Will ever beat Vinyl.... now there’s a debate (Perhaps not in my lifetime). Who knows!!

I'm relative newbie. I've only used Tidal via the Naim app. I was going to buy a NAS but my funds got diverted...I wonder where? Laffin!

I will buy a NAS in the future and try Roon. I was anti streaming for a number of years but so glad I made the jump. Yes there are a few technical issues from time to time but I can live that.
    Well Tempered Versalex, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Trilogy 906, MCRU LDA Linear PSU, Naim ND5 XS 2 , Exposure 3010S2D, Roksan TR-5 speakers, Spotfire Interconnects/Spotfire Reference speaker cable

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmass View Post
    I'm relative newbie. I've only used Tidal via the Naim app. I was going to buy a NAS but my funds got diverted...I wonder where? Laffin!

I will buy a NAS in the future and try Roon. I was anti streaming for a number of years but so glad I made the jump. Yes there are a few technical issues from time to time but I can live that.
    Donít go any other way than Roon,..... itís just Sublime....

I'm Grant.

Audirvana is by many thought to sound better than roon. Not as nice a bit of software tho.. Cheaper and works well. Tbh do does jriver25. A much maligned system that just gets better.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/PROJECT PHONOBOX DS2 USB - QUAD VENA 2 - IFI PURIFIER 2/TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIERS - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR, SONY H900 & NURAPHONE HEADPHONES - ZBOOK/WIN10 PRO/AUDIRVANA 3 PLUS/TIDAL - SMSL M6 DAC & IFI SILENCER - RPI 3+, DIGIONE HAT/VOLUMIO2 - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN SPEAKERS - CABLE INC CHORD, MOGAMI, SUPRA & WIREWORLD

**Men are not punished for their sins, but by them**
    ***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Peter.

Whatever rocks your boat Grant.

No disagreement from me.... loads to choose from.

I'm James.

I agree with you Rob, the Spotfire cables have opened up my system in a way I could not imagine. Without doubt they are the best upgrade I have done for years and have allowed my system to perform at a level that absolutely hits the spot.

Vinyl is now totally addictive and digital just about listenable!
    VPI Scout 1.1 - Ortofon 2M Black FGS - Croft 25R+ - Croft Series 7 - Spendor SP2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast