+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: Marantz NA7004 Network Audio Player

I'm Rob.

Default FS: Marantz NA7004 Network Audio Player

Hi all,

It's about time I sold my Marantz NA7004 Network Audio Player. I've used it less and less recently.

When I brought it new, some years ago, it was one of the best mid-range Network Streamers available (review) and it was my main network player for quite a while. It is also a decent tuner (I used it for Radio 4 and 4 extra over DAB), though for best quality radio your better connecting over the internet (which the player also supports). It was pushed aside for a while when I had a Raspberry Pi love in, only to supplant the Pi when I found when combined with a half decent DAC (Peachtree DAC IT, and then a M2Tech Young) I much preferred the Marantz to any of the Raspberry Pi combinations I'd tried.

The NA7004 has played every FLAC file I've thrown at it including 24bit/192. It acts as a DLNA source on the network (wired only) so can be controlled via software such as BubbleUPnP on Android, and I've also controlled it from Foobar2000 on a PC. I've tried Marantz apps with the NA7004 too, but they are nowhere near as good as BubbleUPNP. The NA7004 also has an inbuilt web server which allows you to control it via that - but it too is very basic. It was one of the first players to support AirPlay, but as I think Apple are the harbinger of Satan, I've not had cause to use that facility. You can also control it from the front panel - which is fine if you have a small collection of music, but is a bit like hard work if you have a large collection.

The NA7004 was only supplanted as my main Network Player, when I got hold of a Moon Mind 180.

So, if you want to get into Network Audio without faffing about with Raspberry Pis, or tethering your PC/Mac to your Hi-Fi, this is a great solution. It will play FLAC and WAV files from a memory stick, or a NAS box over the network. And you also get a Tuner and DAC into the bargain.

Includes Remote, Manual, and original packaging.

£200 plus shipping

Rob.
    Powered by crossed fingers and clenched buttocks

I'm Rob.

Bump
    Rob.
    Powered by crossed fingers and clenched buttocks

I'm Rob.

I have one of these, have to say the DAC is more than half decent, I play my small collection of hd albums straight from a thumbnail flash drive, and it's easy to navigate from the display.

GLWTS

I'm Rob.

Thanks Rob. I should have mentioned that you can also play files directly from a USB flash inserted into the port at the front.
    Rob.