+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS Chevron Audio paradox DELUX NDF DAC/ TRANSPORT

I'm Steve.

Default FS Chevron Audio paradox DELUX NDF DAC/ TRANSPORT

Chevron paradox NOS digital front end Comprises of chevron paradox DAC, earlier model without digital display. Two inputs, one is directly clock linked to the transport via an optical and a single digital Phono lead, the other is an optical connection that I've used with Apple TV to stream Spotify. Inputs are switchable by toggle switch. The clock link does make a difference although I'm not technical enough to explain why, but the whole thing hangs together better when in that mode. The DAC has a separate (And heavy) off board power supply that is connected via a din to din lead. On off is via toggle switch. It's superbly put together. The transport is a modified pioneer PDS stable platter unit that works beautifully and is a pleasure to use. If you've never used one,* Cds are loaded upside down and the drawer movement is smooth and well engineered. All work was completed by Colin at Chevron. Comes with interconnecting cables. I am the second owner and I think I've had this around 5 years. The longest I have ever owned any piece of hifi in 30 years. A really difficult decision. I'm now using a Resolution audio opus 21 which suits what I need at this moment, it doesnt however sound as good as the Chevron set up but I need the space on my rack. £500. Photos to follow https://www.tnt-audio.com/sorgenti/c...paradox_e.html

Just to add, this is the deluxe model with the off board power supply.

I'm ROGER.

Flipping 'eck Steve I never thought you'd sell the chevron

I'm Steve.

Me either. 5 years is a long time in hifi land for a bit of kit for me.

I'm Steve.

Bump

I'm Steve.

Up the top

I'm Steve.

Bump - price drop £475

I'm Chris.

P/ex?
    THIS PS1 certainly fits the 'downsize' parameter! But you have the DNM...(Opus 21)
    Space not a problem for my set-up it's laid out on a 150 year old ex-sideboard top, 6 feet X 28 inches (185 x 70 cms)

(though I m contemplating cuttting my multi-systems to one -or two)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chris.

I'm Bob.

Steve, did this sell?

I'm Steve.

Hi Bob, no, I've actually upgraded to a later version and Colin had the other one back off me.

I'm Edward.

I have one for sale if any interest. Looked at and USB upgraded by Colin end 2016. Mine has AES input (plus coaxial and USB2) as well as balanced/unbalanced outputs. Wonderful valve like sound.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

+ Reply to Thread