+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Replacement car headlight bulbs

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    They are for “off road use only”. What you really need is the new LED lights.
    What, the conversion kits or Xenons in general? It's certainly not the latter, as mine were fitted by Mercedes as standard. In what way are the new LED lights better?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    Xenon are brilliant. My last car had them but not this one.

The cost of conversion is prohibitive unfortunately.

So I'm just trying to improve on what I have.

The current bulbs are like driving with candles and I get so dazzled with LED headlights on other cars. IMO LED lights should be banned, they are way too bright.
    Looks like LEDs are out then

Noted on the cost issue, dude. Just get the best you can within your budget

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Geoff.

Non standard lights may also void insurance cover. They'll use the slightest excuse to dodge paying out.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Josie.

Yeah... They are really.

I wish all headlights were standardised in brightness. If you have an older car like mine, having mega bright LED headlights in your mincers in the dark its really quite dangerous.

They are like a nuclear blast going off compared to normal halogen.

Sent from my 9001X using Tapatalk
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    What, the conversion kits or Xenons in general? It's certainly not the latter, as mine were fitted by Mercedes as standard. In what way are the new LED lights better?

Marco.
    The HID conversion kits for standard headlights.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

Ah ok

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Steve.

More carrots in your diet, that's the way to go
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

May I say you're looking exceptionally fetching today, shweety. I think it's the new hairstyle.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Joe.

Hi, thanks. Yes it was the night breakers I was looking at.

Are you having them fitted soon. It would be interesting to know your opinions.

I'll probably fit them this weekend. I'll let you know what they are like.

I'm Neal.

Yeah... They are really.

I wish all headlights were standardised in brightness. If you have an older car like mine, having mega bright LED headlights in your mincers in the dark its really quite dangerous.

They are like a nuclear blast going off compared to normal halogen.

I fitted LED H7 to my wife’s BMW Mini, they are far better than any halogen bulb for the very reason you give. So much better lighting up the n/s with on coming traffic. Make sure they are CANbus ready if your car reports bulb failures.
    Listening in a Foo free Zone...

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast