+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Digital Active Speakers - My experience to date

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Andrew.

Hi Edward

Will try and be clear as it is vital that we are talking about the same set up . I use one of the Quad 405 amplifiers for the Left Speaker with the Right channel connected to the Bass input and the Left channel connected to the treble input . These use MiniDSP outputs 3 and 4 which are powered by Input 2 . I then use the second Quad 405 Amplifier connected to the right hand speaker again the right channel connected to the Bass inputs and the Left channel connected to the Treble inputs . This is connected to the MiniDSP via outputs 1 and 2 which are driven by input one . The DDRC units is set up using the DDRC software to be the digital crossover for the speakers in the case of the Kef 103 units this is set with Bass from 10HZ - 3000HZ and Treble from 3000 HZ upto 20000 kHZ I used a L&R 24 DB slope CR .

I have added a couple of screen prints from the DIRAC porject which I hope are what you want. One of the things I find most useful about the DIRAC is that once you have finished all the measurements and the Filter is generated with the project still open you can play music through the system and then from your normal listening position you can make changes to the curve there and then and they apply straight away so you can hear what the change is and make little (or large) adjustments as you want . If you mess up then no bid deal just hit the button and it will take it back to the proposed house curve the system gives you which I am sure for many will be good enough .

+ Reply to Thread