+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SEG30 & Dorado

I'm Cor.

Default SEG30 & Dorado

Received the SEG30 chip and Dorado from Stan last week. After swapping the SEG7 with SEG30, the sound signature changed immediately. For me, it sounded warmer, more analog, with breathtaking dynamics (loud and quiet passages in orchestral works), voices sounded better, improved bass response and podium presentation was splendid.

Could not wait connecting Dorado. Charging (works well with 12V iFi iPower) went quick (nice colour shifting led) and then there was the decisive moment; OMG, the sharpness in sound is back, but podium presentation improved significantly, separation of instruments was better, and the bass response was great, much more defined (In a Time Lapse, Ludovico Einaudi). Despite the sharpness, it was really a step up in sound quality, so no pressure whatsoever to disconnect Dorado.
    After approx. two hours playing, sharpness was substantially reduced to acceptable levels. The next day, sharpness was as good as gone. So Dorado needs definitely burn-in time, that’s for sure.

The last days, I’ve spent a great time listening to my favourite tracks and I still cannot believe what I’m hearing. The most appealing things to me are podium presentation and stunning dynamics, but also timbre, clarity and bass response: I have reached audio heaven. For me, it confirms that a ‘high-end’ listening experience is really possible without breaking the bank.

With SEG and Dorado, Stan made ‘high-end’ accessible for ‘the common man’; hats off to Stanley Beresford for this remarkable achievement.

I'm Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by Baffleport View Post
    Received the SEG30 chip and Dorado from Stan last week. After swapping the SEG7 with SEG30, the sound signature changed immediately. For me, it sounded warmer, more analog, with breathtaking dynamics (loud and quiet passages in orchestral works), voices sounded better, improved bass response and podium presentation was splendid.

Could not wait connecting Dorado. Charging (works well with 12V iFi iPower) went quick (nice colour shifting led) and then there was the decisive moment; OMG, the sharpness in sound is back, but podium presentation improved significantly, separation of instruments was better, and the bass response was great, much more defined (In a Time Lapse, Ludovico Einaudi). Despite the sharpness, it was really a step up in sound quality, so no pressure whatsoever to disconnect Dorado.
    After approx. two hours playing, sharpness was substantially reduced to acceptable levels. The next day, sharpness was as good as gone. So Dorado needs definitely burn-in time, that’s for sure.

The last days, I’ve spent a great time listening to my favourite tracks and I still cannot believe what I’m hearing. The most appealing things to me are podium presentation and stunning dynamics, but also timbre, clarity and bass response: I have reached audio heaven. For me, it confirms that a ‘high-end’ listening experience is really possible without breaking the bank.

With SEG and Dorado, Stan made ‘high-end’ accessible for ‘the common man’; hats off to Stanley Beresford for this remarkable achievement.
    Have to agree with your very astute assessment as I have the Dorado, and SEG upgrade chip for about 8 weeks now. Was in hosp for a bit so things got lost for a while, so had to relisten to known tracks and some hi res radio...charmed completely and convinced this must be the best low-cost entry to hi-res audio.....Stan needs to be careful tho, as at these prices, how can he be making money.....i'd pay treble if i had to, but had to hear it first, not like going into hi-fi shop and hearing it!!

+ Reply to Thread