+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blood pressure monitor recommendations

I'm Svend.

Steve, judging by your avatar it looks like you could really use a little drop in BP .

+1 to Omron. Great unit. Agreed: don't skimp on a good one. Worth it to get accurate results. Not a good scenario if the readings are off, if you think about it... Just sayin'....

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Make sure it’s a calibrated unit, it’ll say so in the blurb. Most are anyway.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Alan.

I have a Sanitas wrist cuff one that I bought from Lidl.

The doctor suggested that with this simple type add 5 to the lower reading and 10 to the upper reading to get a more accurate figure.
    My BP has reduced since taking more regular exercise.

I'm Adrian.

If you go to Lloyds Chemist they have a number of reasonably priced and accurate BP monitors, I purchased on for £25 after my heart attack 3 years ago and regularly use it if I am not feeling right. Some have the capability to connect computer by USB to download and view in an application they supply, if you go for one like this then check it supports what you have Windows or Mac OS.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    I have a Sanitas wrist cuff one that I bought from Lidl.

The doctor suggested that with this simple type add 5 to the lower reading and 10 to the upper reading to get a more accurate figure.
    My BP has reduced since taking more regular exercise.
    What no tubes? I expected at least one valve to be involved!

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Went for a blood pressure check this morning, and it was rather higher than last year, 150/78, up from 138/80 previously. I don't think the nurse's rather nice legs helped much. Anyway, she suggested buying a tester as an alternative to borrowing one of their 24 hour jobbies. Apparently they can be had for as little as £15.

Had a look on Amazon when I got home and the choice, and price range is mind boggling. Can anyone recommend a good monitor that won't break the bank?
    I wouldn't bother at all,I know some that have them and they get addicted to checking, cant see how that helps anyone
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    I wouldn't bother at all,I know some that have them and they get addicted to checking, cant see how that helps anyone
    I wouldn't encourage anyone on this forum to follow your medical advice. Regular BP monitoring is essential for those with a wide range of medical conditions. Sudden changes in BP can signal an imminent medical event, and 150/78 is a cause for concern.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Svend N View Post
    Steve, judging by your avatar it looks like you could really use a little drop in BP .

+1 to Omron. Great unit. Agreed: don't skimp on a good one. Worth it to get accurate results. Not a good scenario if the readings are off, if you think about it... Just sayin'....
    Thanks Svend in my defence I've never been very photogenic!

Following the first couple of posts from Brian and Geoff, I've opted for an Omron, and it's good to see further recommendations for them. Cost just £36 and comes with a large cuff as suggested - my "guns" earned me the nickname Arnie (or was it Sarnie?)

All I need then is to be able to put off my breakfast first thing in the morning until I've done the readings, and that's going to be the hardest thing - brekkie comes before everything
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    I wouldn't encourage anyone on this forum to follow your medical advice. Regular BP monitoring is essential for those with a wide range of medical conditions. Sudden changes in BP can signal an imminent medical event, and 150/78 is a cause for concern.
    +1 a lot can be done about BP extremes if you know when yours is not right, and there are an awful lot of risk factors associated with doing nothing. Wholly agree that monitoring and doing nothing is of no value though!

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    Crack on with constant worry, not for me
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast