+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Blood pressure monitor recommendations

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    Not a monitor but apparently beetroot is good for reducing blood pressure?
    Mmm, I do like beetroot
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Svend N View Post
    Well I meant the swollen head pic, but now you've gone and changed your avatar yet again. Slow down Steve, we can't keep up .
    Hey it's Marco that's doing all these avatars! I'm no good at posting pics, so he kindly offered to put some good 'uns on for me. He probably thinks they're embarrassingly bad but little does he know that most of them are actually an improvement on the real thing

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Mmm, I do like beetroot
    Me too, whether it's TRUE I don't know
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm John.

+ another one for Omron. Mine is the M10-1T model,but it may no longer be a current model.

I'm malcolm.

Yes beetroot can help. I have white coat syndrome...if anybody medical takes my blood pressure then it is high. They tried putting me on medication, I read the side effects and decided no, cut out the salt and modified lifestyle some more, started taking my own BP each day and it was pretty much fine within a few weeks.

I take it occasionally now just to check all is still good and for a week or so once a year when GP practice asks.

Something to really avoid eating is liquorice.
    Audiophile Tosher

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by willbewill View Post
    Yes beetroot can help. I have white coat syndrome...if anybody medical takes my blood pressure then it is high. They tried putting me on medication, I read the side effects and decided no, cut out the salt and modified lifestyle some more, started taking my own BP each day and it was pretty much fine within a few weeks.

I take it occasionally now just to check all is still good and for a week or so once a year when GP practice asks.

Something to really avoid eating is liquorice.
    Good to know, Malcolm, I avoid liquorice anyway due to it being cack - can't stand the stuff.

Used my BP monitor (Omron M3 Intellisense) for first time today, and readings averaged 150/82 which is pretty much identical to what the nurse got from me last week. I'm supposed to take twice daily readings for a week then get the results to her.

This machine showed my heartrate to be 48 which seems kind of low to me but rather that than say 148 eh?

Mrs P. always goes on about the amount of salt I put on food, but I tell her that my advancing years have knackered my taste buds. How much does that affect BP?

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm malcolm.

Audiophile Tosher

I'm Rob.

Beetroot .... or you could follow some fairly straightforward well respected advice: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/high-b...on/prevention/
    Rob.