+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blood pressure monitor recommendations

I'm Steve.

Default Blood pressure monitor recommendations

Went for a blood pressure check this morning, and it was rather higher than last year, 150/78, up from 138/80 previously. I don't think the nurse's rather nice legs helped much. Anyway, she suggested buying a tester as an alternative to borrowing one of their 24 hour jobbies. Apparently they can be had for as little as £15.

Had a look on Amazon when I got home and the choice, and price range is mind boggling. Can anyone recommend a good monitor that won't break the bank?
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Brian.

I've had an Omron one for years Steve . Little bit more expensive but mines has been very reliable .
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    I've had an Omron one for years Steve . Little bit more expensive but mines has been very reliable .
    +1 for Omron. Well made and accurate. Make sure you get one with a cuff that fits you (i.e. a large cuff if you have "big guns")

Geoff

I'm David.

I have one of the Withings BP monitors...wireless and uses a smart phone for its display and to keep a record of readings. You can also pair with, for example, weigh scales and track BP changes in line with weight changes

I'm Dave.

I have used an Omron for 12 years now without hitch but it was very expensive. I would now go for something a lot less expensive but from a reliable vendor, such as Boots. It's not that their is any difference in performance or accuracy.

When I see a Consultant nowadays and I do a lot, they never go on the first reading. They usually do 3 on the trot and write down the best. The pressure can change in a few seconds.

I'm Geoff.

I've had a cheap wrist monitor for about ten years, cost me a fiver sent from China, still going strong. It seems accurate enough, as I take readings before and after a visit to the GP for a check and my results are very similar.

My blood pressure is usually around normal since I packed up fags & booze and I got fed up with the side effects from the BP meds, so I've stopped taking them. BP was 116 over 76 just now, which is quoted as lower than the norm for a male my age.

Out of curiosity, I checked the wife yesterday. 88 over 56 was the result, which is pretty low. She won't see the Doc though.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

Don't skimp on a decent monitor: it is critical that they give accurate readings The Omrons are not expensive anyway.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb...d=SB0IBW57NIAO

Geoff

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post

Out of curiosity, I checked the wife yesterday. 88 over 56 was the result, which is pretty low. She won't see the Doc though.
    Your Wife really should see the GP. Low pressure is pretty well as bad as high BP.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    Your Wife really should see the GP. Low pressure is pretty well as bad as high BP.
    Not a chance that she'll go.

She nearly died of pneumonia about three years ago, 'cos she wouldn't see a doctor.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

yeah, the wife had low bp's for years. it came up to near normal eventually, but it was low for 25 years. not much they can do with it tho
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast