+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 71 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: Grounding boxes - The real deal

I'm malcolm.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    Yes. You could make your own much cheaper.
    Use those freebie interconnect, cut the cable near the plug and twist the wires together.
    Audiophile Tosher

I'm Clive.

A preamp should short unselected inputs to ground....but few do.
    TT 1 Trans-Fi Salvation with magnetic bearing + Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro + London Reference
    TT 2 Garrard 301 with NWA main bearing + Audiomods Series Six 10.5" + Ortofon 2M Mono SE
    Digital Lindemann Bridge + Gustard R26 with LB external clock
    Pre and Power Amp EWA M40P + M40A
    Bass Amp & DSP Behringer iNuke NU3000DSP x 2
    Speakers 1 Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo with twin baffleless 15" bass drivers per side
    Speakers 2 MarkaudioSota Viotti Tower

I'm Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    A thought crossed my tired mind, has anybody tried Russ Andrews shorties? Some of the reviews seem to suggest similar improvements to grounding boxes... https://www.russandrews.com/shorties...90000/#reviews
    A second hand piece of equipment I bought had them fitted, took them out after a month, made no difference so I flogged them on a certain internat auction site.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    They are extortionate. £18 a pop.. Cheaper using tinfoil
    According to RA's website, when they are available, that is the price for 12!
    Steve.

My System:- dCS Vivaldi Transport + dCS Vivaldi Apex DAC + dCS Vivaldi Master Word Clock + dCS Vivaldi Upsampler Plus, Aurender N20 Music Server/Streamer, TW Raven One tt/Graham Phantom II/Transfiguration Orpheus L & Audio Technica ART20 mc's, Whest Titan Pro, D'Agostino Momentum HD pre/S250 MxV power amp, TAD CR-1 MKII loudspeakers, REL Gibraltar G2 subs, Coherent Systems BD Mains, interconnects & speaker cables, Sablon Audo EVO USB cable, Tellurium Q Ultra Silver power cords, Ziro Disclosure & Vertex Roraima Hi-Rez power cords + Furutech FI connectors, Stillpoints ESS racks/component stands, Vertex Aletheia PSU2 balanced power supply, Coherent Systems RTZ3 ground box + CR/BD cables, Acoustica Applicata DaaD room treatment, Mutec Ref10 SE-120.

I'm Neil.

Marantz CD players once came with them as standard for shorting the digital outputs. That did improve the sound quality.
    Regards Neil

I'm Alan.

Default OP update. RTZ box now in the system.

I have put my hand in my pocket and I have had an RTZ box plus a couple of cables for a few days now.

Excellent gains were achieved to the digital playback soundstage, equipment being Philips CD610 mk2 as transport and Bel Canto DAC3 with VBS and external linear psu.

Previously some posters were asking if this would work in a fully analogue system, the answer is yes. So get your thought processes around this (yes I know it is magic really ).

All digital kit switched OFF. Analogue system as follows:

Lyra Clavis cartridge> Denon AU320 SUT>MM input on KIN preamp (hybrid)>Dual mono hybrid power amp.

The RTZ was connected to a spare input on the KIN with good result but the best result was when the two leads were connected to the L and R loading sockets, that is the same connection as the output leads from the SUT. Signal ground connection only remember.

Again the improvement was not subtle, a definite jump in SQ.
    Yello never sounded so good. It is like I have upgraded the cartridge by a big margin.

Listening to an Annie lennox album, previously it could sound a bit screechy it was just drawing me into the performance.
    The bass takes on another dimension, so clean and tight. Everything is better defined and in its own space.
    Well chuffed.

I'm Martin.

Isn't Annie Lennox supposed to sound screechy?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    I have put my hand in my pocket and I have had an RTZ box plus a couple of cables for a few days now.

Excellent gains were achieved to the digital playback soundstage, equipment being Philips CD610 mk2 as transport and Bel Canto DAC3 with VBS and external linear psu.

Previously some posters were asking if this would work in a fully analogue system, the answer is yes. So get your thought processes around this (yes I know it is magic really ).

Lyra Clavis cartridge> Denon AU320 SUT>MM input on KIN preamp (hybrid)>Dual mono hybrid power amp.

The RTZ was connected to a spare input on the KIN with good result but the best result was when the two leads were connected to the L and R loading sockets, that is the same connection as the output leads from the SUT. Signal ground connection only remember.

Yello never sounded so good. It is like I have upgraded the cartridge by a big margin.

Listening to an Annie lennox album, previously it could sound a bit screechy it was just drawing me into the performance.
    The bass takes on another dimension, so clean and tight. Everything is better defined and in its own space.
    Well chuffed.
    Well nice to hear you decided to find out for yourself and pleased that it works for you. Interesting!
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post

Well chuffed.
    Curiosity got the better of me so popped into Alan’s today, rude not to as he only lives about 100 yards from me. Anyway Alan spun a record I took with me, yet another LA4 album, and another I’ve got to find for Alan. So we played the track for a few minutes without the grounding box present, then with 1 of the inputs intimate the pre amp and then with the second input into the Pre amp, all I can say is that these work that’s for sure, definitely more space between the notes, more fluidity, texture and improved bass.

Not much else to say really, it’s a very good product and one I’m looking forward to hearing in my system soon

Lee
    Vinyl rig 1 - NAS Spacedeck / FR64s / Lab 12 Melto / Denon SUT / Ortofon GM SPU. Vinyl rig 2 Mono Set Up - Lenco GL75 c/w Jelco 750D / AT33 Mono / EAR 834P Modded. Amplifiers - Audio Note Empress Silver / Hattor Passive Pre. Digital - Fanless Mini PC / Lampizator TRP / Linear PSU / Hummingboard Network audio adaptor. Speakers - Horns.pl Mummy's. Cables are Audio Note / Albedo / Furutech Speaker wire. Power conditioner is a Gigawatt PC2 EVO

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Henley View Post
    Curiosity got the better of me so popped into Alan’s today, rude not to as he only lives about 100 yards from me. Anyway Alan spun a record I took with me, yet another LA4 album, and another I’ve got to find for Alan. So we played the track for a few minutes without the grounding box present, then with 1 of the inputs intimate the pre amp and then with the second input into the Pre amp, all I can say is that these work that’s for sure, definitely more space between the notes, more fluidity, texture and improved bass.

Not much else to say really, it’s a very good product and one I’m looking forward to hearing in my system soon

Lee
    Yup, Alan doesn't spend if he can help it so if he's pulled out the funds, he must be convinced.

I hope to get a listen soon in my system and will report any findings. I'll do it blind though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 71 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast