+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 71 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: Grounding boxes - The real deal

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Clive View Post
    You miss the point, it's not hearing like bats, it's perceiving. It's really not the same thing. This perception probably adds to the overall experience.

Grounding boxes may free up clutter to allow this perception to take place. Or gounding boxes may be a device of Satan....hard to know.
    No I understand the difference that is being suggested. However I don't think that we can say it ' probably adds to the overall experience.' Even if it were demonstrated that we 'perceive' these frequencies that is still a long way from showing that this has a positive effect on the experience of listening to music. That part of the theory is at best just supposition.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Clive.

Whether it's probably or possibly..... let's simply keep an open mind rather than split hairs.

Have you ever sensed someone behind you without hearing anything? There's more to perception than 20hz - 20kHz (or indeed 14kHz for many).
    Last edited by Clive; 06-02-2019 at 19:21.
    TT 1 Trans-Fi Salvation with magnetic bearing + Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro + London Reference
    TT 2 Garrard 301 with NWA main bearing + Audiomods Series Six 10.5" + Ortofon 2M Mono SE
    Digital Lindemann Bridge + Gustard R26 with LB external clock
    Pre and Power Amp EWA M40P + M40A
    Bass Amp & DSP Behringer iNuke NU3000DSP x 2
    Speakers 1 Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo with twin baffleless 15" bass drivers per side
    Speakers 2 MarkaudioSota Viotti Tower

I'm Andrew.

I’m struggling with the lower noise floor theory. Particularly with the incremental improvements being heard. More cables it gets, better, more expensive box, more improvements. I would imagine in most systems the noise floor is pretty low to begin with. To then hear incremental changes to this would require exceptional hearing capabilities I would imagine?

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by RMutt View Post
    To then hear incremental changes to this would require exceptional hearing capabilities I would imagine?
    Keep up! You don't need to hear it, only perceive it
    VPI Scout 1.1, Hana ML, Vanderveen MC10 SUT, WAD Phono3, Rpi3B+/Digione Signature, Xiang Sheng DAC-01, WAD KiT6550 and Reiver Edingdale SR

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Intenso View Post
    Keep up! You don't need to hear it, only perceive it
    OK, exceptional perception then.

I'm Kevin.

What happens if you fit a fancy fuse in one of one cables going to the box?
    Do you get the same improvement as people have reported when using them in mains cables?
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by RMutt View Post
    OK, exceptional perception then.
    I think you may well be right.

Was it CS Lewis who said, 'What you see and hear depends a good deal on where you are standing; it also depends on what sort of person you are' or was that Bruce Lee?
    VPI Scout 1.1, Hana ML, Vanderveen MC10 SUT, WAD Phono3, Rpi3B+/Digione Signature, Xiang Sheng DAC-01, WAD KiT6550 and Reiver Edingdale SR

I'm joe.

Was it CS Lewis who said, 'What you see and hear depends a good deal on where you are standing; it also depends on what sort of person you are' or was that Bruce Lee?
    Stan Lee.

If a tree falls in a forest and there's no-one there, can an audiophile still hear it?

I'm Adrian.

I always walk across rice paper to the turntable without leaving a mark on it before playing vinyl, it settles everything down and creates the right feng shui so I Can perceive all air movements properly, Grasshopper.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Alan.

For some idea of the RF (radio frequency) environment we work within see
    https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...d-on-my-system

+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 71 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast