+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 71 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: Grounding boxes - The real deal

I'm Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by bumpy View Post

Another fine theory bites the dust.
    Not if all of the cables were not connected together when removed from the box.
    I have a metallic equipment rack. I could “ground” every piece of equipment to it.
    Would that do the same thing as they would all have a common ground plane?
    Last edited by CageyH; 05-02-2019 at 09:47.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Tony.

I would suggest here that the big crowbar issue for a few contributors is 'Whats in the box and how does it work?' which a genuine question. Humans are inquisitive by our very nature especially with unknown parameters.

Let's take Coke a cola for an example, its been around for 125 years, and many companies still try and copy / replicate its formula, oddly (you may feel) is that Coke a cola has no patent attached to it (neither does Lee and Perrins Worcestershire sauce). Simply as in any patent you have to list the ingredients and method of manufacturing special processes, construction method-logy etc for the patent to be granted. Which is why both of these are locked away in very secure secrete locations.

So forgive me why I am not prepared to divulge the whole process to the public after much research/design/construction/material manufacturing and near misses, not to mention time and outlay.

There are quite a few grounding boxes which are on, or have been on the market for around six years now, it is not a new premise by any means. They are a few different methodologies that are circulating Piezo electric type of mineral absorption, capacitor networks, bus bar connectivity etc.

Having tried pretty much 90% of them, I feel that pretty much all do what they say on the tin to a greater or lesser degree. You pays you money and makes your choice if your choice is the grounding block route.

Oli's point is also a valid one, in which he cited for his system that speakers would be where I would be looking to update next absolutely agree 100%. As I have stated before these grounding boxes are not magic bullets, they can deliver the possibility of improving what you already have already, if the system is not balanced (By that I mean even handed, not balanced connections) which can be at any level, not just 'Well tasty'

Steve opted form the top of range version due to the amount connections he physically has in his systems, others will not require such connectivity therefore other products can be used whilst still giving the possibility of system improvement. Customers are very happily using the first model in the series with systems around the £5000 mark, which is if you think about is a realistic amount given that forum contributors buy/sell/swap their equipment over a period of time to build up their gains within their systems. IMHO

Now Jules made a valid point, the SGS box is decent enough to get you on the ladder product, it is very obtainable and for those wishing to explore this option also you can fabricate your own cables as well if you do not wish to choose a manufacturers product cabling. 'No cigar box filled with cat litter or similar' there.

It is also nice to see seasoned debate on this thread with it descending into the abyss of null point!
    Coherent Systems
    Real high end sound with musicality not hifi

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    What fine theory?

All you are doing by just having the cables connected (without the box) is providing an aerial to pick up transmissions.
    The length of cable is what will determine the most likely pick-up, in this case the marine band.
    I'm picking up a local taxi company now! Time to reconnect the cables to the RTZ3 box methinks!
    Steve.

My System:- dCS Vivaldi Transport + dCS Vivaldi Apex DAC + dCS Vivaldi Master Word Clock + dCS Vivaldi Upsampler Plus, Aurender N20 Music Server/Streamer, TW Raven One tt/Graham Phantom II/Transfiguration Orpheus L & Audio Technica ART20 mc's, Whest Titan Pro, D'Agostino Momentum HD pre/S250 MxV power amp, TAD CR-1 MKII loudspeakers, REL Gibraltar G2 subs, Coherent Systems BD Mains, interconnects & speaker cables, Sablon Audo EVO USB cable, Tellurium Q Ultra Silver power cords, Ziro Disclosure & Vertex Roraima Hi-Rez power cords + Furutech FI connectors, Stillpoints ESS racks/component stands, Vertex Aletheia PSU2 balanced power supply, Coherent Systems RTZ3 ground box + CR/BD cables, Acoustica Applicata DaaD room treatment, Mutec Ref10 SE-120.

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

I think most people who dislike silver over copper are getting confused with silver plated copper, rather than solid silver,,, solid silver cables when terminated properly do not IMHO sound course or bright etc.
    The problem in my experience has always been when you mix the two metals, usualy silver over copper, if you understand how signals travel through the cable, it is quite easy to understand why you may experience this mismatch in frequency extremes.
    Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    So what is in the box? If not any of the aforementioned rocks or crystals or bus bars, then what is in it?

Quite interesting that differing cables have noticeably different effects, and the silver being uniquely different from copper. It’s hard to even imagine what’s going on here.

I too found that copper interconnects sounded better than silver ones, in my system. I’ve never tried silver speaker wires, for obvious reasons, (expensive). But, from what I’ve heard from silver in my interconnects and phono cables, it’s not for me. Perhaps this goes down to sub atomic levels? Perhaps copper electrons and silver electrons are made from different quarks? I’ll have the boys are CERN get right on that.

Russell
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyTD View Post
    I think most people who dislike silver over copper are getting confused with silver plated copper, rather than solid silver,,, solid silver cables when terminated properly do not IMHO sound course or bright etc.
    The problem in my experience has always been when you mix the two metals, usualy silver over copper, if you understand how signals travel through the cable, it is quite easy to understand why you may experience this mismatch in frequency extremes.
    I have some of these bi-wire cables purchased about 20+ years ago, https://www.hifix.co.uk/monitor-audi...-speaker-cablethey are slightly different in that the center between the two wire is blue, but are essentially the same style. The ones I have are Monitor Power Silver 4mm multi-strand, I think they are no longer made. They were pretty expensive at the time 4 6m runs costing about £320, so you could probably at least double that now. Anyway they do work quite well, they give a detailed rendition, with a slight top end emphasis, so careful matching is needed with speakers.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    I have some of these bi-wire cables purchased about 20+ years ago, https://www.hifix.co.uk/monitor-audi...-speaker-cablethey are slightly different in that the center between the two wire is blue, but are essentially the same style. The ones I have are Monitor Power Silver 4mm multi-strand, I think they are no longer made. They were pretty expensive at the time 4 6m runs costing about £320, so you could probably at least double that now. Anyway they do work quite well, they give a detailed rendition, with a slight top end emphasis, so careful matching is needed with speakers.
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. C View Post
    I would suggest here that the big crowbar issue for a few contributors is 'Whats in the box and how does it work?' which a genuine question. Humans are inquisitive by our very nature especially with unknown parameters.

Let's take Coke a cola for an example, its been around for 125 years, and many companies still try and copy / replicate its formula, oddly (you may feel) is that Coke a cola has no patent attached to it (neither does Lee and Perrins Worcestershire sauce). Simply as in any patent you have to list the ingredients and method of manufacturing special processes, construction method-logy etc for the patent to be granted. Which is why both of these are locked away in very secure secrete locations.

So forgive me why I am not prepared to divulge the whole process to the public after much research/design/construction/material manufacturing and near misses, not to mention time and outlay.
    I agree it is unreasonable to ask for the secret formula. However I think it is reasonable to ask for some measurements though. That would not give anything away as to how it works but it would demonstrate that it does work to those of us who are aware that it can be unwise to place all our faith in sighted listening tests, whether they are our own or someone else's.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Yup, and notwithstanding Tony's amenable input and understandable position here on this matter, that's also how I see things - but *only* if any measurements taken are valid, and seek to prove (or disprove) the claimed beneficial effect of this grounding box, or for that matter, even help explain it.

I'm not into 'wanking over measurements', just for measurement's sake. Or simply to appease someone's scientific belief system. In that respect, a few meaningless graphs or numbers won't further the debate. The *right* measurements are required, so that they can help identify and explain the phenomenon.

So.... What do you propose is measured, and how?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm malcolm.

Some measurements...previously referred to and thrown aside by those who know more than I

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/f...surements.476/
    Last edited by willbewill; 05-02-2019 at 15:52.
    Audiophile Tosher

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by willbewill View Post
    Some measurements...previously referred to and thrown aside by those who know more than I

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/f...surements.476/
    They are not measurements of Tony's product though. That's the Entreq.

Also no-one here is saying that one actually does anything (unless I missed it) wheras the Tony box generates immediate and obvious improvements, according to the witnesses.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 71 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast