+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 71 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: Grounding boxes - The real deal

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopdog View Post
    Hmmm!

Interesting!

Everything that the grounding box brings to the table has disappeared (to be expected) but I can clearly hear French trawler men talking on their radios!
    So what is in the box? If not any of the aforementioned rocks or crystals or bus bars, then what is in it?

Quite interesting that differing cables have noticeably different effects, and the silver being uniquely different from copper. It’s hard to even imagine what’s going on here.

I too found that copper interconnects sounded better than silver ones, in my system. I’ve never tried silver speaker wires, for obvious reasons, (expensive). But, from what I’ve heard from silver in my interconnects and phono cables, it’s not for me. Perhaps this goes down to sub atomic levels? Perhaps copper electrons and silver electrons are made from different quarks? I’ll have the boys are CERN get right on that.

Russell

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    So what is in the box? If not any of the aforementioned rocks or crystals or bus bars, then what is in it?

Quite interesting that differing cables have noticeably different effects, and the silver being uniquely different from copper. It’s hard to even imagine what’s going on here.

I too found that copper interconnects sounded better than silver ones, in my system. I’ve never tried silver speaker wires, for obvious reasons, (expensive). But, from what I’ve heard from silver in my interconnects and phono cables, it’s not for me. Perhaps this goes down to sub atomic levels? Perhaps copper electrons and silver electrons are made from different quarks? I’ll have the boys are CERN get right on that.

Russell
    I have no tv checked but I think you’ll find copper and silver have a different number of electrons, which I presume affects there conductivity properties(I no physicist, so presumably this causes a difference in electrical flow. Maybe a scientist can let us know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Geoff.

Russell
    Is it true that some use elephant toe nail clippings? Left foot ones I believe. The right feet have the wrong polarity.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Tony.

Hi Russell

I am not getting into a debate as to whether silver is better sounding than copper here, the point Steve spoke about was that silver has a better conductivity rating than copper which is a known and accepted fact so would this produce a more desirable result?

The issue here is that in this particular application theory would suggest that silver would be the more preferable material to use, our trails have suggested otherwise, nothing more.

For the record a properly designed and constructed silver cables is not bright/hard or brittle, quite the opposite imho.

A guide to conductivity both electrical and thermal as well as other material properties can be seen in the link below.

Conductivity table
    Coherent Systems
    Real high end sound with musicality not hifi

I'm Kevin.

Russell
    For the price they sell, pure unobtanium, wrapped in angel wings with a sprinkling of unicorn horn powder.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Robin.

Compared to Entreq I feel Tony’s offerings offer greater vfm. The guy has to make a profit and deserves a break from those constantly offended by what they perceive as ripoffs.
    Robin. mit ARC CD9, ARC ref 5 / darTZeel power + magico v2. Clearaudio Innovation wood / Phantom ll / Lyra Atlas / Aurorasound Vida,
    Stax 009S cans.KGGG headamp. all connected with wires. Auralic Aries - Aqua La Scala. Manley Absolute. Focal Stellias. HD800S Hyland headphones - Venus

I'm Kevin.

Without hearing the effect of these boxes, I have to say that the price for me is off putting.
    £2800 for a box, and around £600 a cable. That is more than the majority of my boxes with electronics in the cost.

Sure I understand that he has to make money. It just won’t be mine....

I think the wife would divorce me if I bought a £2800 box and 5 cables at £600 a pop. Almost £6k for an improvement is sound quality? It would have to be massive to warrant that kind of expenditure.
    Kevin

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    Without hearing the effect of these boxes, I have to say that the price for me is off putting.
    £2800 for a box, and around £600 a cable. That is more than the majority of my boxes with electronics in the cost.

Sure I understand that he has to make money. It just won’t be mine....

I think the wife would divorce me if I bought a £2800 box and 5 cables at £600 a pop. Almost £6k for an improvement is sound quality? It would have to be massive to warrant that kind of expenditure.
    You could buy the cheapest box and use whatever cables you have lying around (god knows I have dozens of the damn things) on the grounds that some improvement is better than none. I suppose.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Kevin.

Or I could just continue in my blissfully ignorant way, enjoying what I already have?
    Kevin

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    Or I could just continue in my blissfully ignorant way, enjoying what I already have?
    That's pretty much my plan too.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 71 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast