+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 71 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Grounding boxes - The real deal

I'm Deleted.

If Tony wants a real challenge he is welcome to bring his ‘grounding solution’ ( I hope that is the proper term?) to my system. If it works as suggested I am more than happy to sing it’s praises and also add it to my system. Please PM if interested Tony?
    Account Deleted

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    If Tony wants a real challenge he is welcome to bring his ‘grounding solution’ ( I hope that is the proper term?) to my system. If it works as suggested I am more than happy to sing it’s praises and also add it to my system. Please PM if interested Tony?
    Yep I'll second that. I've two completely different systems. Could be interesting.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Andrew.

Have I got this right? There are different devices working in different ways. They are all described grounding solutions. At least one improves the sound of your system by adding ‘noise’ and at least one improves your system by removing ‘noise’.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by RMutt View Post
    Have I got this right? There are different devices working in different ways. They are all described grounding solutions. At least one improves the sound of your system by adding ‘noise’ and at least one improves your system by removing ‘noise’.
    No. There's at least two devices, no-one who knows is letting on about how they work. But both claim to reduce noise. One was measured and found to pick up noise if a long enough cable was used.

Some have cast doubts on this measurement.

A few people have heard them/own them and testify they do work, but no-one has tested them blind. No-one on here who has heard one says it does not work, but trailing about the internet it is possible to find owners and previous owners (of the Entreq) who ultimately concluded they did nothing.

That's the story so far.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Bigman80 Guest

I've done A LOT of digging on this subject tonight. Alan is someone who's integrity has to be respected in my opinion. So I've decided to put a DIY dumpbox together.

I have found information on this to be quite scarce but what is out there all points to the same types of materials.

I'm not saying it'll work, I'm not saying it won't. I don't know how it can so I have invested a total of £10. Yep, £10 is what it cost to get the bits for a small dumpbox full minerals etc.

It's all coming from China, so it'll be a few weeks.

I'm Clive.

I wonder if you have to empty the box every so often. (No I'm not being serious....or I don't think I am)
    Last edited by Clive; 23-01-2019 at 12:56.
    TT 1 Trans-Fi Salvation with magnetic bearing + Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro + London Reference
    TT 2 Garrard 301 with NWA main bearing + Audiomods Series Six 10.5" + Ortofon 2M Mono SE
    Digital Lindemann Bridge + Gustard R26 with LB external clock
    Pre and Power Amp EWA M40P + M40A
    Bass Amp & DSP Behringer iNuke NU3000DSP x 2
    Speakers 1 Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo with twin baffleless 15" bass drivers per side
    Speakers 2 MarkaudioSota Viotti Tower

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Clive View Post
    I wonder you have to empty the box every so often. (No I'm not being serious....or I don't think I am)

Some recommend shaking the box every now and then.

I'm James.

Can I get my name on the list to to try the first BigBox!?
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    No. There's at least two devices, no-one who knows is letting on about how they work. But both claim to reduce noise. One was measured and found to pick up noise if a long enough cable was used.

Some have cast doubts on this measurement.

A few people have heard them/own them and testify they do work, but no-one has tested them blind. No-one on here who has heard one says it does not work, but trailing about the internet it is possible to find owners and previous owners (of the Entreq) who ultimately concluded they did nothing.

That's the story so far.
    I think my confusion comes from conjecture early on in the other thread ‘What constitutes a grounding box’ where there was talk of added noise, RFI or whatever possibly improving the sound. I don’t think the manafacturer claimed the device added noise but there was talk of more boxes and longer wires adding distortion that some felt was where the improvement came from. You where posting there Macca.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Can I get my name on the list to to try the first BigBox!?
    bigbox !! I love it.

If I think it makes any difference, you're welcome to have a loan, as is anyone. Just for the sake of curiosity!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 71 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast