+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 71 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: Grounding boxes - The real deal

I'm Tony.

Earth ground's very different issue, but as important especially if you live at the end of line, in a densely populated area or near industrial centers.
    Coherent Systems
    Real high end sound with musicality not hifi

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Correct earthing is IMHO the main reason noise reduction IN RESPECT to "audio aplication" may or may not improve the sonics of said system.
    Also please understand those of you interested in what I have written, I am not condoning changing, or modifying your existing, and therefore "safe" earthing system.
    If you have a diffrent earth potential on one ring main to another, then this can become very dangerous in a fault situation, or when a person comes into contact with equipment connected to a mains earthed ring main, and one which is not!
    I have my own thoughts and opinions as to if, or how these boxes may or may not work, but for the sake of the thread, and for those that find it interesting, I will keep them to myself.
    A...
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopdog View Post
    I was just reading the Grounding Box thread on PFM and got as far as page 4 ......... It looks as though the entire thread has been pulled!
    Yup, unfortunately that's what happens when you allow some self-centred, arrogant and belligerent 'objectivists' free speech, especially those whose selfish purpose in life is to, I quote (one of which I've just banned): "do exactly what I chose to" [note the grammatical error, as engineers never were much good at English], with no consideration whatsoever for anyone else!

No wonder the world's in the state that it's in.........

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by earsopen View Post
    Yes an excellent post - but what it shows is that where 'grounding boxes' are concerned, there is great difficulty with terminology.

Most grounding boxes are not to do with mains earthing and safety earthing.

Ground loops are not what is being removed either (ref an earlier post). That is not where they are having their effect.

There are explanations of what these boxes are doing on some of the manufacturers website, that can be accessed to try to understand the reason for their effectiveness.
    Hi Bob,

Could you quote from the websites concerned what you're referring to please? Cheers!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyTD View Post
    I have my own thoughts and opinions as to if, or how these boxes may or may not work, but for the sake of the thread, and for those that find it interesting, I will keep them to myself.
    Lol - well for me that's somewhat of a contradiction, as some of us who are reading this thread with interest, would find it rather more interesting if you revealed those thoughts!

Marco.

P.S Agree fully on the safety aspects of dedicated earth rods. I had mine installed by a qualified electrician, nearly 15 years ago, without issues. Yes, that's how long I've been at the hi-fi 'mains game'! [Actually since 1998].
    Main System

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

I will say one thing, as far as the experience Firebottle eluded to, and please understand I am not questioning his experience, it would have been more interesting if the test had been conducted with a few diffrent types of amplification; ie; non switching, and conventional, and analog front ends, instead of all digital!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Lol - well for me that's somewhat of a contradiction, as some of us who are reading this thread with interest, would find it rather more interesting if you revealed those thoughts!

Marco.

P.S Agree fully on the safety aspects of dedicated earth rods. I had mine installed by a qualified electrician, nearly 15 years ago, without issues. Yes, that's how long I've been at the hi-fi 'mains game'! [Actually since 1998].
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Mike.

I will say one thing, as far as the experience Firebottle eluded to, and please understand I am not questioning his experience, it would have been more interesting if the test had been conducted with a few diffrent types of amplification; ie; non switching, and conventional, and analog front ends, instead of all digital!
    My tests were first with
    Rega Isis CD and Belles hybrid Pre. SS with a couple of valves

then
    TAD CD/Pre/DAC
    TAD Power Amp

nowt else
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm joe.

Grounding boxes are clearly the flavour of the day/week/month. But do we really need three separate threads about them?

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Yup, unfortunately that's what happens when you allow some self-centred, arrogant and belligerent 'objectivists' free speech, especially those whose selfish purpose in life is to, I quote (one of which I've just banned): "do exactly what I chose to" [note the grammatical error, as engineers never were much good at English], with no consideration whatsoever for anyone else!

No wonder the world's in the state that it's in.........

Marco.
    I think you're spot-on there Marco!

The trouble with forums is there is so much useful and knowledgeable information buried in amongst arguments between posters!

In an effort to get a handle on the subject of grounding boxes and real consumer experience and feedback, I waded through nearly 150 pages of posts on one thread about "Entreq" on an American forum.

Just when it got really interesting, some idiot would chime in with an insulting post and the whole thing would become derailed for a couple of pages, before returning to actual customer experience!

God only knows what was said to result in the thread on PFM being taken down!
    Steve.

My System:- dCS Vivaldi Transport + dCS Vivaldi Apex DAC + dCS Vivaldi Master Word Clock + dCS Vivaldi Upsampler Plus, Aurender N20 Music Server/Streamer, TW Raven One tt/Graham Phantom II/Transfiguration Orpheus L & Audio Technica ART20 mc's, Whest Titan Pro, D'Agostino Momentum HD pre/S250 MxV power amp, TAD CR-1 MKII loudspeakers, REL Gibraltar G2 subs, Coherent Systems BD Mains, interconnects & speaker cables, Sablon Audo EVO USB cable, Tellurium Q Ultra Silver power cords, Ziro Disclosure & Vertex Roraima Hi-Rez power cords + Furutech FI connectors, Stillpoints ESS racks/component stands, Vertex Aletheia PSU2 balanced power supply, Coherent Systems RTZ3 ground box + CR/BD cables, Acoustica Applicata DaaD room treatment, Mutec Ref10 SE-120.

I'm Tony.

A valid question and genuine Anthony.

Have tried these devices with all valves / analogue systems (both TT and R2R), Berni on here has a classic Valves / vinyl set up works just dandy on his system.
    In fact only two systems that I know have these GB's have switching amps, the rest are classic a/b / valves with the odd class 'a' thrown in.

Snoopdog's system is digital / class a/b he uses Entreq (which we do not sell) seems happy with the results.
    Coherent Systems
    Real high end sound with musicality not hifi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 71 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast