+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 71 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Grounding boxes - The real deal

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 57charles View Post
    Total complete and utter lunacy - just like so called 'grounding boxes'. Give it a rest FFS.

F@ck me, Charles. I am laughing my arse off. I'm not sure how that could read any other way.

Kind of like pulling a grenades pin out in your own pocket then fumbling to get it out

I'm Bernard.

Default Grounding boxes - The real deal

Marco,

I think that your comments are a bit tough on Charles...

If you go through this tread and others related to grounding box, you will see lots of jokes and laughters from some against others who are sharing their experiences ...

I don’t think it’s the way one should address another ... however, I have not seen any moderator comments about these!

We surely do not want this forum to become a gang of some against the others. Do we?

Just my view...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Turntable: Sony TTS-8000 ;Tonearm: Phonomac AT-1010 Mk6; Cartridges: SPU GTE / VDH Colibri XGP / Decca SC4E rebuilt by ESCO with Paratrace; Phono Stage: Shindo; SUT: Bob's Device Cinemag 1131; Pre Amp: Shindo Monbrison; Power Amp: Shindo WE 300B Limited; Speakers: Shindo Lafite / Auditorium23 Solovox; CD Player: EastSound CD-E5 / Sony PS1; Cables: Yannis 423.5; Yannis 223.5; VDH The First Ultimate; Totem Sinew; Audio Tekne ARSP-500 / Auditorium 23.

Bigman80 Guest

Hi Marco, about those mains cables:

https://goo.gl/images/Qr1DzW

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by 57charles View Post
    I apologise if I've come across as a tad terse - no insult intended - I do feel strongly about people attempting to listen to kettle leads and wooden boxes with shill inside them. Notwithstanding this, I will, in future, take into account other forum members own views and personal experiences and will not rubbish them. Once again, many apologies if my posting has caused offence and consternation.
    Ok, that's fine, and I appreciate the apology. In future, please express your point of view without rubbishing that of others, as I'm sorry, that's how what you wrote came across. Also, I'm not very comfortable with your comment about "wooden boxes with shill inside them". That's not acceptable either, unless you have some actual proof to back up such an assertion?

Therefore, in future please stick to discussing the hi-fi aspects of a subject, without casting any such aspersions on manufacturers, or if these types of products aren't for you, ignore threads that involve them. You should bear in mind that this is a subjectivist forum, where ears will always come first before any supposed 'scientific facts'.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Hi Bernard,

Quote Originally Posted by Berni217 View Post
    Marco,

I think that your comments are a bit tough on Charles...

If you go through this tread and others related to grounding box, you will see lots of jokes and laughters from some against others who are sharing their experiences ...

I don’t think it’s the way one should address another ... however, I have not seen any moderator comments about these!
    I'm sorry, but I've no idea what you're referring to. Could you link me to it please, so I can take a look and offer my opinion?

We surely do not want this forum to become a gang of some against the others. Do we?
    Again, I've no idea what you mean, so I'm afraid you'll have to explain yourself a little more clearly. I'm sorry you think my treatment of Charles was a bit tough, but he rightly apologised, as he understood that was out of order, so I stand by what I wrote.

One of the things we will moderate *very strictly* on here is when members start to get personal and don't show others the courtesy and respect that they deserve.

This is a friendly forum, so we insist that members address each other in a friendly/non-aggressive/confrontational manner *at all times*, regardless of whether they think someone is 'talking bollocks' or not - and that's how it will always be!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Hi Marco, about those mains cables:

https://goo.gl/images/Qr1DzW

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Bernard.

Please read through this tread (from the beginning) ...

Then this one: https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...-grounding-box

Lots of comments are far from being respectful of others' experiences or comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Hi Bernard,

I'm sorry, but I've no idea what you're referring to. Could you link me to it please, so I can take a look and offer my opinion?

Again, I've no idea what you mean, so I'm afraid you'll have to explain yourself a little more clearly. I'm sorry you think my treatment of Charles was a bit tough, but he rightly apologised, as he understood that was out of order, so I stand by what I wrote.

One of the things we will moderate *very strictly* on here is when members start to get personal and don't show others the courtesy and respect they deserve.

This is a friendly forum, so we insist that members address each other in a friendly/non-aggressive/confrontational manner *at all times*, regardless of whether they think someone is 'talking bollocks' or not - and that's how it will always be!

Marco.
    Turntable: Sony TTS-8000 ;Tonearm: Phonomac AT-1010 Mk6; Cartridges: SPU GTE / VDH Colibri XGP / Decca SC4E rebuilt by ESCO with Paratrace; Phono Stage: Shindo; SUT: Bob's Device Cinemag 1131; Pre Amp: Shindo Monbrison; Power Amp: Shindo WE 300B Limited; Speakers: Shindo Lafite / Auditorium23 Solovox; CD Player: EastSound CD-E5 / Sony PS1; Cables: Yannis 423.5; Yannis 223.5; VDH The First Ultimate; Totem Sinew; Audio Tekne ARSP-500 / Auditorium 23.

I'm Dennis.

I see nothing wrong with exposure of wrong arguments, and even a little jest, but direct ad hominem is not to me acceptable.

I've puzzled over my Thevenin and Norton, and superposition theories, and cannot for the life of me see what any of this can do.

I'm Bernard.

Wrong URL. I meant this one: https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...-grounding-box

Quote Originally Posted by Berni217 View Post
    Please read through this tread (from the beginning) ...

Then this one: https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...-grounding-box

Lots of comments are far from being respectful of others' experiences or comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    I see nothing wrong with exposure of wrong arguments, and even a little jest, but direct ad hominem is not to me acceptable.
    Exactly. It's completely unnecessary, easily avoidable and simply won't be tolerated.

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 71 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast