+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 71 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Grounding boxes - The real deal

I'm Alan.

Default Grounding boxes - The real deal

For all you nay sayers out there all I can say is go and listen to what one can do.

Tony of Coherent Systems graciously responded to my desire to 'hear' one, so I paid him a visit.

They work. Period.

The transformation was astounding, more of everything positive, nothing negative.

More later.

I'm AndyElectroNumpty.

Hi Alan

interesting , which brand/s did you listen to?

Does this mean a Firebottle prototype grounding box on the way?

I'm Alan.

It was the Coherent Systems grounding box, a lot of time (and money) has gone into its development.
    Materials are key, needless to say Tony isn't spilling the beans.

The important thing is to have a balanced system, that means equally good pieces of kit without a bottleneck in the system. This of course rather helps to make the system perform well before anything is added to it.

The whole object of a 'grounding' box is to remove all the low level noise and interference that will be present in any piece of kit, no matter how well designed or expensive. The ground referred to is the 'common' connection or 'zero' volts or 'signal' ground.

They really should be called crap collectors.

More later.

I'm James.

Firebottle Groundbox?
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Andrew.

Firebox?
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm AndyElectroNumpty.

Firebottle Crap Collector!

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Firebox?
    Oh, I like that lol

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    For all you nay sayers out there all I can say is go and listen to what one can do.

Tony of Coherent Systems graciously responded to my desire to 'hear' one, so I paid him a visit.

They work. Period.

The transformation was astounding, more of everything positive, nothing negative.

More later.
    What were the details of the comparison? Was it blind and level matched? (I'll settle for level matched).
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Simon.

Maybe there's some new form of unknown science at work here. Maybe not

I feel the ASA will have a field day with this little lot from Tony "The RTZ is extremely effective with mains earth noise due to a zero impedance increase, zero impact on electrical design and workings of the equipment as well as the great reduction in HF noise from all of the signal grounds attached."

That's my emphasis. One would hope you have the measurements to back up that claim.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm Andrew.

I've book marked this thread I would assume that Tony would need to provide evidence of his design philosophy and construction in defence of his claims if the ASA got involved. Could be interesting .
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 71 1231151 ... LastLast