+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 71 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: Grounding boxes - The real deal

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by bumpy View Post
    This is exactly the sort of product where dealers should offer a sale or return. I would be up for that.
    This is exactly the reason why you should establish a relationship with a dealer!

I currently have an Entreq Silver Tellus and Apollo Eartha cables on extended home demonstration!

No cash has been parted with and there will be no problem with saying it's not for me!
    Steve.

My System:- dCS Vivaldi Transport + dCS Vivaldi Apex DAC + dCS Vivaldi Master Word Clock + dCS Vivaldi Upsampler Plus, Aurender N20 Music Server/Streamer, TW Raven One tt/Graham Phantom II/Transfiguration Orpheus L & Audio Technica ART20 mc's, Whest Titan Pro, D'Agostino Momentum HD pre/S250 MxV power amp, TAD CR-1 MKII loudspeakers, REL Gibraltar G2 subs, Coherent Systems BD Mains, interconnects & speaker cables, Sablon Audo EVO USB cable, Tellurium Q Ultra Silver power cords, Ziro Disclosure & Vertex Roraima Hi-Rez power cords + Furutech FI connectors, Stillpoints ESS racks/component stands, Vertex Aletheia PSU2 balanced power supply, Coherent Systems RTZ3 ground box + CR/BD cables, Acoustica Applicata DaaD room treatment, Mutec Ref10 SE-120.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by bumpy View Post
    This is exactly the sort of product where dealers should offer a sale or return. I would be up for that.
    They probably will, purely because it makes perfect business sense.

They would initially sell many more, as it takes away the "risk" of buying a white elephant and, if the product really does as claimed, would have few, if any, returns.

As more and more of the product get out in the wild and receive good reviews, they will sell more product ....... Repeat ad infinitum.
    Less bling, more integrity ©Spenagio

I'm Grant.

Ah, an optimist finally
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopdog View Post
    This is exactly the reason why you should establish a relationship with a dealer!

I currently have an Entreq Silver Tellus and Apollo Eartha cables on extended home demonstration!

No cash has been parted with and there will be no problem with saying it's not for me!
    Hear hear, Steve! And how are you mate, btw? Long time no see

The problem is that the majority of folks on forums are tightfisted gits, some of whom also think they know it all, so dealers don't come into the equation. They'd far rather box-swap themselves to death, looking for 'bargains' on ebay, with little knowledge or direction, and suffer the consequences accordingly!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I was using absurdio ad reductum to illustrate the logical fallacy of the 'If you haven't tried it you can't comment' argument, that's all.
    'Reductum ad absurdio' surely Shirley?

I'm Grant.

dont think he was anywhere near shirley's rectum
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    tbh, companies in general dont do test ones. some dealers do but not all by any means. A bit sad as i might have bought things more often if they did.
    Companies like Russ Andrews who are also often accused of selling Fairy Dust offer SOR so it shouldn't be an issue.

Add to this the fact that there are no electronics to be damaged by careless customers
    Source
    SW1X Universal Music Server UMS I Signature with Power Supply Unit PSU I Signature
    SW1X USB II
    SW1X DAC III Special
    Audiolab 6000 CDT transport
    Amps
    Pre amps -- Hi fi Collective twin mono ladder stepped attenuator, with Charcroft Z-foil and silver wired. And First Watt B1 active no gain buffer.
    Power amps -- Welborne 45 SET monoblocks 1.8W / Decware Taboo 6W / Elekit 300B TU-8600SVK plus further improved components 9W / ICE Power 1000W
    Speakers
    Highly modified Endorphin P17 open baffle speakers containing both vintage and modern alnico drivers and paper cones. All silver wired - 8" Cube Audio FC8 full range drivers and vintage 15" Altec VOTT 416 bass drivers. All sat on Townsend Audio Podium seismic isolation platforms.
    BK Electronics XLS400FF Sub.
    Cabling
    Silver mains cables, interconnects and speaker cables by SW1X
    Headphones
    HRT HeadStreamer and SennHeiser HD650 headphones

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Hear hear, Steve! And how are you mate, btw? Long time no see

The problem is that the majority of folks on forums are tightfisted gits, some of whom also think they know it all, so dealers don't come into the equation. They'd far rather box-swap themselves to death, looking for 'bargains' on ebay, with little knowledge or direction, and suffer the consequences accordingly!

Marco.
    Hi Marco,

Doing well, thanks mate. Hope all is well with you and yours?

We all have our own definitions of VFM and not everyone is fortunate to be able to allocate disposable income on hi fi equipment (new or used).

However, it does make me shake my head when I read comments about profit margins to be made in the hifi chain between manufacturer and dealer!

Everyone has to make a viable profit in order to survive in business. If you are fortunate to be able to purchase direct from the manufacturer, without adding in margins for distributor and dealer, then generally, the purchase price is easier on the wallet!

Entreq is manufactured in Sweden, has a UK distributor (Kong Audio) who in turn have a dealer network. Everyone in that chain has to remain in business and put food on the table for their families. This can result in some eye-watering prices for new products, but there are always "bargains" to be had in ex-dem and traded-in components.

It's all relative and if you try something in your system at home and perceive an improvement in listening pleasure (which, after all, is what our hobby/interest/obsession is all about!) then the expenditure can be justified, but please don't begrudge the people who bring these products to the market place, the opportunity to make a living!
    Steve.

My System:- dCS Vivaldi Transport + dCS Vivaldi Apex DAC + dCS Vivaldi Master Word Clock + dCS Vivaldi Upsampler Plus, Aurender N20 Music Server/Streamer, TW Raven One tt/Graham Phantom II/Transfiguration Orpheus L & Audio Technica ART20 mc's, Whest Titan Pro, D'Agostino Momentum HD pre/S250 MxV power amp, TAD CR-1 MKII loudspeakers, REL Gibraltar G2 subs, Coherent Systems BD Mains, interconnects & speaker cables, Sablon Audo EVO USB cable, Tellurium Q Ultra Silver power cords, Ziro Disclosure & Vertex Roraima Hi-Rez power cords + Furutech FI connectors, Stillpoints ESS racks/component stands, Vertex Aletheia PSU2 balanced power supply, Coherent Systems RTZ3 ground box + CR/BD cables, Acoustica Applicata DaaD room treatment, Mutec Ref10 SE-120.

I'm Adrian.

I thought some of you might find this an interesting and informative read in relation to Ground/Earth loops, noise and inductance issues with all sorts of stuff, including video and hifi.

Page 56 for about 10 pages are useful info, 99-101 are quite informative, but it is all good stuff.

There is a load of information further on about noise elimination methods and what works and what does not.

It is from Bill Whitlock, President
    Jensen Transformers, Inc.
    Life Fellow, Audio Engineering Society
    Life Senior Member, Institute of Electrical & Electronic Engineers

https://centralindianaaes.files.word...notes-v1-0.pdf

I am sure you can then make educated conclusions as to whether a grounding box will or won't work depending on what you find inside it.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    'Reductum ad absurdio' surely Shirley?
    I think it works either way round but it is thirty-four years since I was last in a Latin class (thank God) so maybe you're right.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 71 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast