+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 71 FirstFirst ... 206068697071 LastLast

Thread: Grounding boxes - The real deal

I'm Ian.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TAOtTAO-Tou...urmaline+chips

If it doesn't work as a grounding box you can always use it for other purposes:

Carrying a Black Tourmaline keeps one's auric field clear of imbalances, promoting a positive attitude regardless of the circumstances stemming from negative influences
    Maybe it would get rid of scepticism

I'm Martin.

There's a Nigerian witch doctor down the road from me, might get him to come in and bless my system, see if I can detect an improvement.

I bet that's one tweak Mike Music hasn't tried yet
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlenco View Post
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/TAOtTAO-Tou...urmaline+chips

If it doesn't work as a grounding box you can always use it for other purposes:

the wife carried tourmaline with here all the time
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm malcolm.

Here's what I use

Audiophile Tosher

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by bumpy View Post
    As a scientist, I am intrigued by the idea of a material that can absorb RFI. I believe this is different from materials that shield against RFI - there are many of those about.

As energy can neither be created nor destroyed the RFI will probably converted to a (small amount) of heat, hence no circuit is required. The RFI absorbing material is merely a sump.

Can we try and capture possibilities here.

My suggestions are graphite and tourmaline chippings or crystals
    Yes - obviously the electromagnetic energy is being converted into heat within the absorbing material. To do this the absorbing material needs to have a poor loss tangent. Many RF absorbing materials use carbon loaded foam rubber. RF anechoic chambers are lined with this material and accidents can happen - some parts may absorb so much energy they catch fire!

However one still needs to match the absorbing material to the radiation - that is a more complicated matter if you want the absorption to be efficient, and then it will only work over a limited range of frequencies.

Where I worked, one department made, inter alia microwave absorbing rubber sheets which used a 'carbonyl iron' matrix in silicone rubber.
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlenco View Post
    I've always taken scepticism with a pinch of salt!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Kevin.

I already have a grounds box.

It is one of these, but I bought it in Black.
    It makes Sunday morning listening much more enjoyable.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    I already have a grounds box.

It is one of these, but I bought it in Black.
    It makes Sunday morning listening much more enjoyable.
    If that's the price of a knock-off I wonder what the genuine one costs

I'm Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    If that's the price of a knock-off I wonder what the genuine one costs
    BOOM, Tish....
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Yes. Maybe a bit over 1kg. Could certainly have been concrete but not sure how that would collect RF
    Hello Oli

Just read your feedback on the unit, thank you for putting your words on the forum appreciate that

I would also agree with you, it is not a sticking plaster for a system that needs to brought back into balance, which I have always suggested it works best on an even handed system.

For you personally I would maybe look at speakers to give a good all round improvement to the system imho.

Will clear up a few points for you chaps, absolutely no concrete are in the RTZ boxes what so ever of ANY description.

The weight of the RTZ1 is 2.7Kg, the material inside is *new* (Clarifying:- the constituent formulation of said material is new, in that it does not appear in any patent search in relation to the effect it generates or any other effect that could be considered to be related to how the box functions. That may or may not exist within the formulated material itself)

The boxes are fabricated in the UK Oli, however I understand your suggestion relating to them.

The binding posts are stripped down, ultrasonically cleaned, the pickled in acid to remove the stock plating, again thoroughly cleaned, then plated with our own material we fabricate the cables from. Cryogenically treated before assembly, then the whole unit is cryo'd after manufacturer, lastly the O.E. BR pads are fitted
    Coherent Systems
    Real high end sound with musicality not hifi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 71 FirstFirst ... 206068697071 LastLast