Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
Without hearing the effect of these boxes, I have to say that the price for me is off putting.
£2800 for a box, and around £600 a cable. That is more than the majority of my boxes with electronics in the cost.

Sure I understand that he has to make money. It just won’t be mine....

I think the wife would divorce me if I bought a £2800 box and 5 cables at £600 a pop. Almost £6k for an improvement is sound quality? It would have to be massive to warrant that kind of expenditure.
Kevin

The £2800 RTZ3 is the top of the range Coherent grounding box and can accept a total of eighteen cables.

This particular box is of interest to me and others who own systems with a large number of vacant connections (BNC, RCA, XLR, USB etc).

Believe me, there are a phenomenal amount of vacant connections on a four box dCS Vivaldi digital system that would benefit from having pairs of ground planes tied together.

Thos who own simpler systems, with say a streamer or CD player/DAC and an integrated amp, will likely choose a smaller RTZ box (£800 for six connections and £1600 for ten connections) The cables also start at £250, so no need to pitch in at the CR level (£600).

Tony has a clear upgrade path with generous trade-in for those seeking to upgrade at a later date.

I don't know.nor do I care whats in the box, or how it works. My ears tell me that there is a substantial improvement in sound quality.

Those who have posted that small "cottage industries" like Tony's, need to make a profit to survive and flourish are correct.

Coherent RTZ products are hand-fabricated and this takes a lot of time and effort, never mind the research and testing that goes to develop and bring a product to market.

The fit and finish of both boxes and cables are of a very high standard.